Are there any Raw Vegans Here?

Options
I have been doing a lot of research on the raw vegan lifestyle and I am very interested in changing to that lifestyle. I recently became a vegan in December in 2009 but before that I really didnt eat alot of meat. I would eat beef, lamb or fish so cuting out meat is not really hard for me. I am interested in others experiences with the raw vegan lifestyle. Please share!

Replies

• supercool111
    Options
    Youtube "rawradianthealth"!
  • SherahLovesHealth
    SherahLovesHealth Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks Supercool!
  • alex8118
    alex8118 Posts: 22
    Options
    I am really interested in raw foods, I've read quite a bit on it lately. I'm only about 80% raw and havn't been for very long.. but would like to hopefully one day go 100%. We'll see...
  • sailady
    sailady Posts: 26
    Options
    Have people come across Dan the Liferegenerator on YouTube. He is 95% raw and is a really inspirational guy. Apart from having tons of recipes, he is a funny and intelligent person whose thoughts always keep me going. He is the reason my husband and I are trying to transition to being raw foodies!
    we did 100% raw for a week over easter and than had amazing snap back! Since realised going cold turkey is not the way to go without going insane!
  • SherahLovesHealth
    SherahLovesHealth Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Lol yeah going cold turkey can make you a bit crazy! But I feel for me this was the only way. But I tend to be extreme when making changes in my life. I think when I first tried to go raw vegan I transitioned into it and I was not really serious about it because I was still eating cooked processed food with some raw or I would be raw for some days and then eat horrible. I think not eating any unhealthy food and all raw has helped me stick to eating raw.
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Not yet but I have been looking into it and I plan on starting the hallelujah diet. go to:
    www.hacres.com
    Has lots of stuff there.
    Good Luck!
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Funny cause I was actually looking for this topic. I discovered Dan The Man on youtube yesterday, and decided to give it a try. I won't go 100% raw but I'm trying for 75% raw. Today I did 100% raw and I'm felling great. Summer is here so it helps. Hopefully this is the lifestyle change I was looking for.

Today I had some fresh homemade salsa with some zucinni slices instead of chips and I loved it. (one of Dan The Man's idea!)