Increasing Calories.

Options
I'm having trouble reaching my calorie intake goals. A rough idea of what I eat in a day:

Kashi cereal for breakfast, usually with blueberries

A salad for lunch, sometimes with meat, but usually with veggies, a
little cheese, and light dressing, or a sandwich on whole grain bread no condiments

Meat.and veggies or eggs and veg for dinner.

Snacks are a few whole grain reduced salt crackers with peanut butter, yogurt, or veg and dip.

I'm diabetic, so I have to avoid certain things. I don't know if that was helpful, but I'm for suggestions as to what I could add to my diet to increase calories. I exercise for 30-60mins a day, and most.days I'm consuming 1200 cal a day minus what I burn, but I don't feel hungry. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right. Thanks :)

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Switch to a full fat dressing & full fat cheese, milk and yogurt if you're not using that already. Add some avocado to your salad. Have some nuts either on your salad or as a snack.
  • Tachyonic
    Tachyonic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Nuts are a really good idea. A handful of them is pretty high calorie, since they have lots of (the good kind of) fats in them!

Perhaps if you also have a class of organic orange juice or grapefruit juice for breakfast, and brown rice as part of your dinner. Beans are also good, too!
  • BMB705
    BMB705 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I'm going to try adding nuts, and eat more for breakfast. Looking at my food diary, my intake is pretty low in the morning. Thanks again :)
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter right off of the spoon...... hehe
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    for cereals...I go for Special K - Satisfaction (you can have 1 1/4 cup and it's over 10g protein) + add BANANAS..
    Best fruit to add to cereals...will pump you up in every ways!
  • _TEMPEST_
    _TEMPEST_ Posts: 205
    Options
    Peanut butter right off of the spoon...... hehe

THIS!