I Know I'm Gonna Be Attacked For This..

Options

Replies

• G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Try some mio water flavoring, Its sugar free and does not taste like water. if you dont like that then you do have mental issues with it. :laugh:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I don't see what the big deal is. As long as you are staying hydrated you're fine. I don't ever drink plain water, it's always flavored with something (90% of the time with MIO) and I drink 14-ish cups a day typically. I've probably gone through about 10 billion of those drink concentrates or flavor packets. Adding something to your water doesn't magically change its hydrating properties.
  • Kmanouchehri90
    Kmanouchehri90 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'd say suck it up. You are a big girl, I'm sure you can manage it. I don't know anyone that LOVES water, but you have to drink it.

I love water. Seriously. I guess I am weird.
    She said she legitimately vomits when she drinks plain water, so I don't think that sucking it up is the best idea. Some people have weird quirks like that. It is probably psychosomatic, but real nonetheless.

@OP, do you have a trader joe's near buy? They have pure cranberry juice (unsweetened...it is SUPER sour). I sometimes mix that with water for the health benefits or if I am bored, it is nice because you only need a tiny bit.
    Also, lots and lots of lemon wedges! Maybe try different types of teas until you find one you like. Good Earth Original is a tea that has a natural sweet and spicy flavor and it is SO GOOD, iced or hot.

Or you could always just drink vodka ;)
  • mforsis
    mforsis Posts: 41
    Options
    some of your reaction may be because of where you live. Water can be 'hard' or 'soft'. It can have an unpleasant smell. I react badly to heavily chlorinated water. I boil it and / or let it sit so the chlorine evaporates. Water filters can help make the taste more palatable. I like a slice of lemon. Or a sprig of mint. These are solutions that don't add calories. Cheers !
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    lol water is gross...yeh yeh shoot me people!!!!! :blushing:

i tend to drink it tho...with s/f blackcurrent and hot water(so you cant taste the water)! yummy and fills you up! or try lemon jucie too! :bigsmile:
    good luck and your not dead yey t are you or just in the ER room getting those bullets out! :wink:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    But I don't drink water. Ever since I was young my parents would try to give me water and I'd just throw it up. Could it be a mental thing? Probably. To this day I despise water. I've been trying to dilute my drinks. 60% water, 40% natural cranberry juice. Can anyone be of help to me and tell me if diluting the drinks is a better idea than not doing at all? :(

Yes diluting drinks is fine.

There's also water in the juice itself so that's fine as well.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of plain water either. I hydrate a lot more if I mix up a big jug of Crystal Light and work on that all day. Cranberry juice, even diluted, just has too much sugar and calories. I'd rather save the calories for actual food.
  • halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    The only problem with the cranberry juice is that it has a fair amount of calories. if you are drinking a lot of that it would affect your weight loss.
    I would second the Mio, it is pretty good and comes in different flavors. All of the other companies are starting to come out with similar products, I saw a Dasani, a kool-aid and a Crystal Llight in addition to a kroger brand at the store the other day.
    I have never actually tried it, but I have seen Cucumber in water on tv a lot, don't know how that would actutally taste.
    Mike
  • miamoe15
    miamoe15 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Try seltzer water, they come in flavors too.. just keep mind of the labels and make sure it reads 0 all the way down, some sneak in sodium and such. This can help.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I drink tap water. It's a billion times better tasting at 6k elev. than at 2k elev. But, I do love an occasional tea or diluted raspberry/orange juice.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    But I don't drink water. Ever since I was young my parents would try to give me water and I'd just throw it up. Could it be a mental thing? Probably. To this day I despise water. I've been trying to dilute my drinks. 60% water, 40% natural cranberry juice. Can anyone be of help to me and tell me if diluting the drinks is a better idea than not doing at all? :(

yes it's better than not doing it at all. i hate plain water and haven't died yet.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Diluting your juice is a great idea if you can't stomach plain water.
  • leopardjunkie
    Options
    You get a fair amount of water in the products you get everyday, Plain water is good to drink and flush the system. But if you can get some down with Mio that would be an alternative. I personally like the grape MIO fit. I drink water plain but occasionally i need a break and will add some mio

also research foods that are high in water. Like watermelon, Milk, etc. they taste great and have water :) so you can find other ways to sneak in water :)
  • nerdatworklike123
    nerdatworklike123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    adding lemon or lime to my water DEFINITELY helps. different for everyone, though.

try it!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    i drink diet soda all day everyday. has not/does not affect my weight loss

This. I only drink water when I am doing Insanity.. like during and right after the workout. I do sometimes buy the flavored carbonated water though.. I like those.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i drink maybe 3-4 glasses of pure water a day. the rest i either put sweet herbs in (i love fresh mint in water), lemon/lime, or a herbal teabag. try that maybe?
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    It's not true nobody LOVES water. I am an addict. But it has to be really cold!

Fortunately our lovely city has lots of classic drinking fountains kept wonderfully clean, so I'm always sticking my head in them and I'm not a tourist : )

1580667_12533981627461.jpg
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm certainly not going to attack - for the longest time I was the same - I hated just having water ...
    I have made myself get to probably at least 6 glasses since joining MFP.
    I have yet to reach the magic 8...
    I don't count things like cordial or coffee - so I guess I do hydrate a bit more than I thought.

I make myself drink a peppermint tea before I go to the gym 3 times a week, and I have a glass at the gym during my session.
    When I am working at home, I can get through a couple of glasses before lunch and after...

It's not something I enjoy, but I make myself do it.
  • shanster23
    shanster23 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Drinking water used to make me feel physically nauseous. I never threw up but I came pretty close. I got into it by adding some honey and lemon juice. It made the water taste really nice and was great for soothing my throat too when I had a cold :) I gradually used less and less of the honey & lemon juice and now pure (preferably bottled mineral rather than tap) water is my favourite drink. Can't stand juices any more :)
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Have you tried seltzer? They have SO many flavors, and the Polar brand has a huge variety!