I ran my first half marathon!

Options
I decided I didn't like running on the treadmill so I thought I would give the road a chance. Even though it was hard, it was much easier than using those machines. I even managed to run a half marathon on my first attempt, knackered afterwards, I was nearly on the verge of vomiting and my legs were like jelly.

How far have you run this week?

Replies

• BuffytheTimTamSlayer
    BuffytheTimTamSlayer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How many minutes and at what level did you run on the treadmill? Thats amazing to run half a marathon in your first go, well done!
  • RhysGM
    RhysGM Posts: 39
    Options
    How many minutes and at what level did you run on the treadmill? Thats amazing to run half a marathon in your first go, well done!

I gave up on the treadmill, however I ran on the pavement for 1 hour 18 minutes and 39 seconds which was spot on a half marathon!
  • bspurrie
    bspurrie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well done. That's fast!

:smile:
  • ausped
    ausped Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That is incredibly fast for a half marathon! That is a six minute mile!!! Way to go!
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Wow! Running at 10 mph! That's incredible! And here I am happy that I can run for 5 mph. You are inspiring!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    1.18 for a half, dude that's quick. I've got my first one in little under a month, currently I'm just under 8min mile. Got a practice run sunday, going to die haha
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Half marathon is my favorite distance - long enough to feel like you made a serious effort but short enough you're not all broke down at the end. :laugh:

I can't train on hard surfaces. I get injured too easily. I run intervals on treadmill during the week and run a long distance cross country trail run on the weekend.

Great work. I'm a lot slower than you! But I'm working on my pace. It's been steadily improving since I incorporated strength training. :flowerforyou:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Blimey, only 17 minutes more than Mo Farah, that's going some!
  • BuffytheTimTamSlayer
    BuffytheTimTamSlayer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is fast, you are awesome!