Help tired of the fat jokes

Options
Hi, I have been trying to loose weight for years. At one time I was 280 now 185 but I just can't do it anymore. Was told about this site so I thought I would give it a try. My problem is I eat ok durning the day but come night all bets are off. I really want to start living I am tired of being the fat one in the group, tired of the jokes, Really could use some friends. Thanks

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Ok, so you need to figure out why you over eat on a night?

is it because you're bored? bcause you havent eaten enough through the day? stress? tiredness? thirst?

build your diet around plenty of fruit & veg and lean protein, and aim to get a little exercise 3-5 times a week, and with a moderate deficit and some patience, you will get there!
  • bdreilly84
    Options
    I send a friend request. The people on here are always supportive and there are a lot of motivational stories on the threads. Hopefully we can help motivate each other :)
  • rotill
    rotill Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

You have done an awesome job so far, really impressive! You also know your problem, and you are actively trying to adjust your lifestyle to fix it. That is good!

This is a very good site for discussion, support and help, but like everywhere, you may meet people who hold strongly on to their own beliefs. Ignore the less flexible, and seek out the people who are in a similar situation to you, read their success stories, and use the knowledge available to you here to help you research your own weight-loss journey.

We are all different, so there is no one-size-fit-all, just a few this-size-fit-several strategies and philosophies of losing weight and gaining health. I hope you find yours!
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    A lot of us are emotional eaters - I know I used to be. If I was having a bad day, I would stop at wendys get a spicy chicken and that would make me feel better. You have already made some really great progress so you know that you can do it - its just about figuring out what it is that triggers you to overindulge at night thats stalling you now! I am a firm believer that when we transform our bodies we have to work on the inside too

As to the friends making fun of you - dont let them. My friends used to do the same in college (I'm talking my real core of friends) until I told them to stop and made sure they knew I meant it. Those guys are like my brothers and from the moment I told them too - they stopped. You can't control everyone around you, but the people that really matter will listen to you
  • alan589
    alan589 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yep you have to find out why u do it!

I was fat for years then I got divorced...hey presto the source of the angst was gone and I havent looked back since.

I ate in the evenings too..the dog used to follow me there cos she knew I would through some her way. Once I got rid of the stress and found this app I havent looked back. At the worst i weighed in at 245 lbs, summer 2012, now sitting about 180 and it has been life changing!

Go for it, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.