I'm so mad at myself!

Options
I hit my lowest weight in months today, I've been eating really well for the past several weeks, cut out most junk food, cut back on alcohol etc but shortly after seeing that magic number today I ate a junior chicken hamburger with my boyfriend - I wanted one sooo badly and was really hungry after a night of studying but as soon as I'd finished it I was so mad at myself! So disappointed...

Replies

• JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Every day, every meal, every mouthful, is only a battle in the war on unnecessary kilocalories. Perhaps, maybe, you lost the battle, but you don't have to concede to defeat and throw in the towel and end the war. Log in what you ate if you care to, hit the gym, get back to eating healthy keep it up. None of us are perfect, why should you be? And there is nothing wrong when you are at your goal weight to indulge in decadence once in awhile. Enjoy life now, now that you have hit your magic number and goal weight.

Viva!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I've done similar just now but you know what? There is tomorrow and we won't grow fat overnight from one day of eating more than we planned. Forget it and start afresh, it's just food. We are allowed to eat and enjoy life too you realise right?
  • stella1314
    stella1314 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    LOVE YOUR REPLY...SO TRUE...
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    How does a junior chicken sandwich undo a month of progress? It doesn't. No one is perfect all of the time. Beating yourself up will accomplish nothing but resetting the cycle of self-hatred, which is not healthy.

One sandwich, or one day, or one week is nothing to sweat. You'll be okay.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't even worry about it. One day over a week (or one crappy meal a week) has been shown to be pretty good for you in the long run in most cases. Keeps your metabolism guessing ;)
  • nookeetoone
    Options
    I dont understand how a hamburger is any problem at all... If you keep it under your calorie goal or at least to the maintenance amount, you'll be fine and you wont have ruined your progress at all.. Unless grains somehow affect you badly.

I mean in the end you have to consider the fact that its just meat, some veggies, a bun and some dressing... How is that different from eating dinner consisting of meat, veggies, salad and dressing and a bun?

I ate nutella crepes the other day... -Nutella- !! How about that... but I still lost weight :-/
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Dont be... you earned it, and just remember whatever you eat, you will work with. Sometimes you need to spoil yourself treat yourself, just keep at it, and you will be fine. And just remember you did it once, you can do it again.
  • ljcazan
    ljcazan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    One "bad" meal won't make you fat, just like one healthy meal won't make you skinny.

Also, if your body NEVER has anything else it won't know how to handle or process it. Deprivation is bad for weight loss. Moderation and control and allowing yourself to eat other foods is very important. Good job on your weight loss and good luck on your continued success! Don't be mad at yourself. :)
  • Danieboo757
    Options
    Every day, every meal, every mouthful, is only a battle in the war on unnecessary kilocalories. Perhaps, maybe, you lost the battle, but you don't have to concede to defeat and throw in the towel and end the war. Log in what you ate if you care to, hit the gym, get back to eating healthy keep it up. None of us are perfect, why should you be? And there is nothing wrong when you are at your goal weight to indulge in decadence once in awhile. Enjoy life now, now that you have hit your magic number and goal weight.

Viva!

Totally agree!!!!! Treat yourself for achieving your goal. Just make sure its just a treat not a relapse!
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    What have you got to be mad about?

Sorry to say it but I think you are over-reacting!
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Don't be dissapointed. While rewarding with food IS bad, ONE bad meal won't make you fat. Just like one healthy meal won't make you fit. Be glad you enjoyed what you were craving for so long and move on. Nice job on getting to your goal!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Move on. Getting mad and holding it can sabotage the whole process. When I eat something I really want, I "allow" myself to enjoy it and then just get back on the program. One burger isn't the end of your success.
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    One meal won't undo all that you did. One meal isn't a big deal. The big picture is way more important. So be proud of yourself for achieving what you have and move on!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    GOOD! BE glad that you ate it, it's a chicken sandwich. Even if it was breaded and had cheese, bacon, and ranch dressing it's just one chicken sandwich! It's not going to derail you or put pounds back on or anything like that.

This is what worries me about people "dieting". You need to learn to find a way to live and still enjoy yourself while making better choices. No you can't eat junk all the time, but if you eat nothing but salads all the time you're going to snap one day and give up.

Log it, see that it's not the end of the world, and try to adjust your thinking to learn that you CAN have chicken sandwiches and burgers and pizza and whatever else you enjoy. You just need to find a way to fit it into your calorie intake for the day. And I've always been a big supporter of the occasional cheat day.

Good news. You can lose weight and still enjoy the foods you love.
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    One burger is not going to have you wake up tomorrow and be obese. Give yourself a break!
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Just log it on your food tracker and move on! I know how you feel but all in all One hamburger won't affect your weight loss that much! Its the 2nd, 3rd, 4th that will do the damage!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    GOOD! BE glad that you ate it, it's a chicken sandwich. Even if it was breaded and had cheese, bacon, and ranch dressing it's just one chicken sandwich! It's not going to derail you or put pounds back on or anything like that.

This is what worries me about people "dieting". You need to learn to find a way to live and still enjoy yourself while making better choices. No you can't eat junk all the time, but if you eat nothing but salads all the time you're going to snap one day and give up.

Log it, see that it's not the end of the world, and try to adjust your thinking to learn that you CAN have chicken sandwiches and burgers and pizza and whatever else you enjoy. You just need to find a way to fit it into your calorie intake for the day. And I've always been a big supporter of the occasional cheat day.

^^Listen to THIS!! He knows what he's talking about!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

Word.

Being "mad" at yourself for eating a chicken sandwich is much more of a concern than eating a chicken sandwich.

It's a chicken sandwich. It's a combination of protein, fat, carbs and assorted micronutrients, same as any other food you put in your mouth. It's not like you ate rat poison.
  • mikegl1
    mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Meh.... One "bad" meal is not that big of a deal.
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Even skinny people have fast food every once and a while. Stop letting a little treat here and there make yourself mad. Seriously.