Polling - Polar FT4 or FT7 to get?

Options
dxtra30
dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
Looking to get a HRM and have it down to either: Polar FT4 or Polar FT7.. Which do you recommend and why?? Thanks and sorry if this is a dup question. Thanks!

Replies

• dxtra30
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 ladies black. I've worn it 6 or 8 times. I shouldn't have bought it bc I really knew I wouldn't wear it more.

Do you want it? I'll send it to you. 50% off whatever price you found online. Let me know.

Thanks but I'm looking for a male one.
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    FT7....best fitness purchase I've made in years!
  • iamcurty
    iamcurty Posts: 1
    Options
    i have the ft4 because it was cheaper and it works great! i love it
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    RS300X.

Because it's not much more than FT7, and I'm betting your main purpose is for getting calorie counts.

That is about their cheapest model that has the stats that allow decently accurate calorie count.

The cheaper models are missing that stat and so can be very off.
  • LaPipebomb
    LaPipebomb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I meant to reply to sleepy texan. Dang it, MFP.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and love it. I haven't had the FT4 so I can't compare. I like it because it is a good enough looking watch to wear as a casual watch. Has all the features I like, save one, a stopwatch/timer.
  • connie1208
    Options
    I have the ft4 ...i think the ft7 gives you more info..
  • connie1208
    Options
    The ft4 is not a stop watch..or timer..:(
  • dxtra30
    Options
    Bump thanks
  • dxtra30
    Options
    Bump anybody?
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 ladies black. I've worn it 6 or 8 times. I shouldn't have bought it bc I really knew I wouldn't wear it more.

Do you want it? I'll send it to you. 50% off whatever price you found online. Let me know.

Thanks but I'm looking for a male one.

There is next to no difference between the men's Polar FT4 and the women's one. If you don't have huge wrists and it isn't a bright pink one then no one but you will know that it's a "women's" one.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4...Calculates the time...Heart Rate...and calories burned....what else do you need? It's also tells you what time it is....
  • Menelaus35
    Options
    i have the ft4 because it was cheaper and it works great! i love it

Exactly
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and it's great for what I need! I'm not sure if they recently remodeled it, but mine does have a stopwatch timer.
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    bump
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i have the FT7 and its perfect. it's not THAT much more expensive than the FT4 and its worth it for the extra added features
  • PrimalGirl
    PrimalGirl Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and really like it. Once you've put in your max heartrate it will tell you at any given time whether you're exercising in fat burn or fitness mode, which is really useful. Plus calorie count, workout timer, time, date, and it saves your training files.

You can get them on Amazon for about £60-ish.
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    sorry to jump in on the feed... but what are the added features of the FT7
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7. It's practically the same as the FT4, but the FT7 has data transfer capabilities and gives you access to polar personal training (I've never used either, so I can't speak to them, but the options are nice). The FT7 also stores 99 training files, while the FT4 only stores your last 10.
  • dxtra30
    Options
    I have the FT7. It's practically the same as the FT4, but the FT7 has data transfer capabilities and gives you access to polar personal training (I've never used either, so I can't speak to them, but the options are nice). The FT7 also stores 99 training files, while the FT4 only stores your last 10.

Ah I didn't know this..Thanks!