• Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Will it still work if you dont use weights? I dont have weights

Use soup cans.
  • arleick
    arleick Posts: 5
    Options
    Do you guys record it in your exercise log, and if so, what do you put it under?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Oh yes my dear.. it works.. I used to be a HUGE skeptic of weight loss and fitness in general. Always thought that some of us were just born thin and had high metabolisms while the rest of us didn't. I didn't know how to control my eating.. 30 Day Shred gave me hope and a jumpstart into a lifestyle I plan on maintaining for life.

Here are my results from doing 30DS for almost 2 months:

SW: 181lbs
    Starting Body Fat %: 31.9%
    CW: 168.5 lbs
    Current Body Fat %: 25%

From Jan 1 to Feb 24:
    19593344_7257.jpg
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Do you guys record it in your exercise log, and if so, what do you put it under?
    Curves Circuit Training... Circuit training general gives an incorrect burn count
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    Options

I recorded it as circuit training. I have a HRM now though but my HRM has been pretty close to what MFP says.
  • Conniekui
    Conniekui Posts: 24
    Options
    On the 11th day of doing it and I feel energetic and stronger. I follow the modified work out and still sweat. Also started doing Pilates today and was able to do difficult moves with so much flexibility. I credit that to the 30ds. I'd say it's worth it:)
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    Options
    It worked for me! I lost 10lbs and I lost an inch of my arm, an inch of my chest, around 2-2.5" off my upper & lower waist, 2" off my hips, and an inch off my thighs.

I didn't take good starting pics (I wish I had!) but this is the difference between the last day of level one, and the last day of level three.

8260756502_2e33129799.jpg

I followed up with Ripped in 30 and just am finishing that and plan to do the 30 Day Shred again with heavier weights in March to tone up a bit more for my brother's wedding in April.

WOW you look so good :D

Thanks!
  • tbjohnson1
    tbjohnson1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes! I lost 4 pounds within the first 7 days! I also cut some calories. I record it as "circuit training" because that's what it is. Someone asked if you go to the gym, too? I find that by the end of the work-out I feel like I'm dying! I have NEVER felt like that by going to the gym (It's a whole body workout and it feels GREAT!) and I have always been a gym-goer. I found that it just wasn't doing it for me, though, so I started Jillian Michaels. If i'm feeling super-perky, I also do her "Yoga Meltodown." It's pretty good, too. I'm on day 9 of level one now and can't wait to get to the end!
  • missysue1986
    Options
    I just started. Day 3 still on level 1.

I'm on Day 3 of Level 1 too! The soreness that I felt after day 1 and day 2 is mostly gone now. I'm not quite able to do all of the reps for each exercise yet, but I'm keeping myself moving. Hopefully I'll see good results at the end of the 30 days, because I'm getting married in April!!

...Oh and all three levels are on YouTube, if you can't get to the store to buy it yet.

For those of you who saw good results in 30 days, did you just do this video every day and eat well, or did you add extra exercise too (i.e. walking, elliptical, other videos, etc)??
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    TBH...ANY exersice works... :noway:

but the 30 ds is a little tougher and uses weight too thats hy it showns better results! no other reason... :sad:
  • tbjohnson1
    tbjohnson1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Very true! The only problem is that so many people (myself included) get stuck doing the same things over and over in the gym. It gets sooo boring! That's why I really like the 30DS...it changes up!
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I believe it does, if you stick with it. I have been doing it on and off, and lost 15lbs so far. My best results have been while I am doing the 30DS, but I never really stick to it, I do it for about 1 and a half weeks, then give up, then start doing it again a couple of weeks later. And I never stick to doing level 1 -10 days, level 2 - 10 days, level 3- 10 days. I just do whichever level I feel like doing! But yeah, when I do actually stick with it for a couple of weeks, people always mention my waist is looking smaller, then I give up for awhile again (whoopsies!)

And to summarise that novel of a comment - yes, I do believe it works!
  • PMDiva
    PMDiva Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Let's Do This!!
    About to do this morning.
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've done 4 days of level 1 so far and I can already tell a difference in how I feel and how I look!!! I absolutely love 30DS! And I would definitely recommend it. Another poster said becareful of the knees and ankles and I agree. You really have to pay attention to your form or you will hurt your knees/ankles because she does a lot of squats. Also, be prepared to hurt the first 3-4 days. But push through it (as long as you are not truely injured of coarse!). Good luck and feel free to add me for support and motivation!!!! :smile:
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    It absolutely works! You'll be so sore the first week you'll be tempted to quit, don't!

After 3 days of 30 Day Shred I bought Ripped In 30, that's how sore I was. I'm doing 6 Week 6 Pack now. I'll probably do another one of her DVDs after this or go back to 30 DS. Love it!

Don't forget to eat right and take before / after pics. Besides running that's all I've done.

Ripped-In-30-Day30-results--1_zps0df2b730.jpg
  • zkss27
    zkss27 Posts: 62
    Options
    I have never even heard of this!
  • alikat2986
    alikat2986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    YES!!! My profile pic is my before and after :) 7lbs lost doing 30ds!
  • Mrs_Charisma
    Options
    Oh yes my dear.. it works.. I used to be a HUGE skeptic of weight loss and fitness in general. Always thought that some of us were just born thin and had high metabolisms while the rest of us didn't. I didn't know how to control my eating.. 30 Day Shred gave me hope and a jumpstart into a lifestyle I plan on maintaining for life.

Here are my results from doing 30DS for almost 2 months:

SW: 181lbs
    Starting Body Fat %: 31.9%
    CW: 168.5 lbs
    Current Body Fat %: 25%

From Jan 1 to Feb 24:
    19593344_7257.jpg

GREAT job!
  • mclay12
    mclay12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!! Yes!!! Yes!!!!! I am about to start round 2 of it....I did it in Jan and I absolutely loved the results! I didn't lose a lot of weight but the inches lost were amazing!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!