I need Help Feeling very tired

Options
Hello, I need help I've only been dieting for a week and I'm feel extremely uncomfortable, like I gained weight. Very tired and freezing all the time. I thought this was going to make me feel better but I feel so much worse. Any suggestions.

Replies

• kavanaghev
    kavanaghev Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? I was feeling very irritable and falling asleep when my baby went to bed at 7pm and I increased my caloric intake pretty significantly (but not blindly, TDEE-15%) and the difference was immediate.
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    What consists of your diet and how much are you eating calorie wise? Are you not eating enough? Are you eating a low carb diet? Each of these can cause generalized weakness. Also what do you mean by freezing? You need to give us more information to help you.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Did you see your MD or another healthcare professional and get an assessment of what constitutes a healthy plan for you? Might be a good idea.
  • katerinajulia
    katerinajulia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    mfp's numbers are often way too low and end up slowing your metabolism down and making you groggy. for the longest time, i tried to stick to 1200 a day, and i just ended up miserable and tired and my weight loss stalled after about two weeks. recently, i redid calculations for BMR and TDEE and i'm eating at about -20% TDEE and i feel much less tired and much more awake and active and much better about myself.
    you are probably undereating significantly and your body doesn't like it
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Everything that's been said plus: Iron. Make sure you are getting enough of it. Iron deficiency makes me incredibly lethargic and cold.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    bottle of whisky might help.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Everything that's been said plus: Iron. Make sure you are getting enough of it. Iron deficiency makes me incredibly lethargic and cold.

^^^ This
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    tired? caffeine/apples/loud music
    cold? warm blanket/uggs anything/a man

there the world according to chocolate. seriously though your diaries closed but check if you're eating enough for the tired part, unsure if that affects being cold too. However I know fat me gets hotter faster than skinny me, so it could be that you've lost some insulation and it's time to invest in sweaters.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    i agree with seeing your doctor about a healthy plan for you... as well as how mfp seems to calculate things on the low side.
    you might also consider, if you aren't already doing so, taking a multi-vitamin.
    my bro in law used to feel tired all the time and his doctor told him he needs to take vitamins. apparently he wasn't getting enough nutrients his body needed to function at 100%. again, see your doctor before doing so and she what he/she recommends. =]
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I am that way in the Winter (cold weather) kinda hibernate but as soon as Spring gets here then I am fine.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Fatige and freezing are symptoms of hypothyroidism. Not giving a diagnosis, just saying... I suffer from it. Ask your doctor to test your free T3 and free T4 as well as your TSH. Then do some research on what those numbers should be. Never hurts to rule stuff out.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Need more info -

how many calories a day are you eating?
    what's your exercise regime?
    What types of foods are you eating?
    drinking enough water?
  • SusanLisa13
    Options
    I am eating just under my recommended calories. Lots of fruits and veggies eating very health low to no carb foods. exercising more. Drinking more water than usual. By freezing, I mean I am always cold. And now I'm starting to feel really tired all day.
  • SusanLisa13
    Options
    Okay. Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to go see my MD to see if there is something I'm doing wrong or something I could be doing better. I just got a little nervous with the extremely tired and not being able to focus thing. Maybe I'm missing some important vitamins. I'm not sure why no one can see my diary, I made it public.
    Thanks Again!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I am eating just under my recommended calories. Lots of fruits and veggies eating very health low to no carb foods. exercising more. Drinking more water than usual. By freezing, I mean I am always cold. And now I'm starting to feel really tired all day.

It's always good to see a Doctor! But I will say if you're eating under your calorie goal...less than 1200? That's too low, that would the combination of low to no carbs foods is probably a big change in your diet and causing you to be sluggish.

I'd see your Doctor
    Eat all your recommended calories
    And eat a balanced diet