One hundred push ups challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    For my initial test I managed to do 8 push ups.. Wow!! I didnt think I could even do 1 lol
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    well did week one day one today.

I think I may need to do the knee pushups as I struggled with the regular ones. Might do the knee ones for a few weeks unti l'm stronger and then go back and start again with the regular ones, but I'll try the regular ones this week and see if I get better.

Did level 3 day one week one of the crunches, gonna feel that tomorrow. :)

anyone else start yet?
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    well did week one day one today.

I think I may need to do the knee pushups as I struggled with the regular ones. Might do the knee ones for a few weeks unti l'm stronger and then go back and start again with the regular ones, but I'll try the regular ones this week and see if I get better.

Did level 3 day one week one of the crunches, gonna feel that tomorrow. :)

anyone else start yet?

Doing them on your knees for a few weeks and then going back and starting over again is a great idea.
    I am not going to the crunches because i just get so bored doing them. I was thinking of alternating my yoga practice with pilates to hit the core muscles better. I don't feel like giving up yoga 'cause I love it so much so I'll see what I can come up with.
  • slimkitty
    Options
    Just finished week 1 workout 2. It was tough because my muscles are still sore from two days ago.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I did week one day 2 of the pushups and situps yesterday.
    The situps kicked my @ss but I did the girly pushups and it seemed way too easy. Maybe I should try real ones...
  • slimkitty
    Options
    I did week one day 2 of the pushups and situps yesterday.
    The situps kicked my @ss but I did the girly pushups and it seemed way too easy. Maybe I should try real ones...

Definitely try them on your toes. I though I would be really sore today, because even yesterday when I was doing my 2nd workout I was stll sore from my first one - but I am not, I feel really good this morning.
  • slimkitty
    Options
    I completed week one workout 3. It's getting better and better. Looking forward to Week 2 :smile:
  • ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm in. I want to do the 100 Push ups, 200 sit ups and 200 squats challenges and make those my weight bearing exercise for the next six weeks. Will do the pre-test for the second time tonight. Started several months ago, but just dropped off - I think I did this before I lost any weight. We'll see if it's easier now! :bigsmile:
  • slimkitty
    Options
    Okay, I'm in. I want to do the 100 Push ups, 200 sit ups and 200 squats challenges and make those my weight bearing exercise for the next six weeks. Will do the pre-test for the second time tonight. Started several months ago, but just dropped off - I think I did this before I lost any weight. We'll see if it's easier now! :bigsmile:

That's great! I only do the push ups becauss that's always been a very weak area for me. I am now on week 3 and I can feel getting stronger all the time. It feels amazing.
    Good luck.
  • oliveoil7979
    oliveoil7979 Posts: 112
    Options
    bump
  • carezzz
    carezzz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I'm in!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Done with first week of push ups using the third column. I was able to do 16 in my last set, really had to push for those last couple. I went faster (probably twice as fast) today than my previous two days. I was able to do more, but I also feel more tired. Going slower I could barely make sets 3 and 4 and did less for set 5. What do you guys think, faster or slower?

I also expanded the same idea to 30 lb dumbbell curls. Got to keep the muscles even!
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Bump :flowerforyou:
  • zeeohhsix
    Options
    completed week 4 ,day 2 , row 3
    56 max