Gave up bread, craving peanut butter: what do I do?

Options

Replies

• jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I've quit eating bread because it just causes nothing but stomach problems, but I really miss peanut butter and toast, and peanut butter in general. What can I do, or eat, to suffice my cravings? I've done spoonfuls of peanut butter straight out of the jar, which helps, but that gets old!

And, for the record, I've tried other types of bread (gluten free, all that....) and its the same, so I really can't eat bread, period!

Use your finger instead of a spoon (just kidding)

Try putting it on apples, bananas or other fruit.

You can also use this recipe to make peanut sauce for chicken, beef. or pork satay

http://www.food.com/recipe/asian-peanut-sauce-430696

Cooks.com - Recipes - Chicken Satay
    www.cooks.com › Recipes
  • mingecrackers
    Options
    Corn cakes :D
  • lovelylittlegiggles
    lovelylittlegiggles Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've quit eating bread because it just causes nothing but stomach problems, but I really miss peanut butter and toast, and peanut butter in general. What can I do, or eat, to suffice my cravings? I've done spoonfuls of peanut butter straight out of the jar, which helps, but that gets old!

And, for the record, I've tried other types of bread (gluten free, all that....) and its the same, so I really can't eat bread, period!

I love peanut butter and crackers, peanut butter and carrots, peanut butter and apples, peanut butter smoothies.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,667 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and spring rolls.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AbbieZabba
    AbbieZabba Posts: 110
    Options
    Peanut butter is good with almost everything!

This.

Put it on a dog terd.

It still tastes good.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and banana
    peanut butter in your shake
    peanut butter straight up
    peanut butter and apples
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I second apple and PB. Very tasty snack.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    On...

Apples
    Bananas
    Oatmeal
    Celery
    Crackers
    Strawberries
    In a shake (could just melt the pb a little bit and then add it in a blender with milk, then you got pb milk!)
    Pancakes (or waffles)
    Pretzels
    A spoon
    Yogurt
    Ice cream
    Chocolate
    In chili (its really good, but you dont really taste it. but it just adds something extra to chili)
    Almonds
    Tortillas (i like to slice up bananas and spread pb on tortillas then grill together, sometimes i go crazy and add chocolate chips)
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Bananas, apples!
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Try PB2 I think its really good
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    If you're missing that warm, meltiness you get with the toast, try it on a frozen waffle like Eggo or Vans. i eat a pb and banana waffle for breakfast regularly.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    eat it off your finger
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Cup Shake, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 cup milk, 3 regular sized ice cubes and 2 tbsp peanut butter. (High cal but good for craving days)

Or you can try Banana's dipped in peanut butter with a little honey drizzled on, that used to be one of my favories when I was a kid.

Another sinfully good way to try it, and sounds weird is as follows: 2 strips of bacon baked into a cup using a muffin tin, fill with peanut butter and drizzle with chocolate.

Or a tried and true, peanut butter cookie or peanut butter marshmallow square.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    crackers, apple, celery
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    flaxseed bread? its not bread bread, but its sorta like bread ( sorry im saying bread so often...i really miss bread bread too :cry: )
  • cholivier
    Options
    PB2 is great!!! It's only 45 calories for 2 tablespoons. It is peanut with 85 percent of the fat removed. It comes in powder form. You just add a little water to it. It's very portable. Spaghetti squash is a great substitute for rice and pasta.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Most gluten-free bread I find is not moist and just plain suck. I will give this recipe a try, though.

http://www.againstallgrain.com/2012/05/21/grain-free-white-bread-paleo-and-scd/
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    80% Dark Chocolate - oh, just think of the antioxidants you will get! :)
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Umm...grab a spoon? LoL, that's what I'd do!

Apples and Peanut butter, celery and carrot sticks with peanut butter...peanut butter and peanut butter?
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Apple slices dipped in peanut butter with or without honey are scrumptious!