Late-Night Gym-goers

Options
Please tell me I'm not the only one. I'm heading to the gym in a few minutes(just waiting for my phone to charge a bit). I find it to be the most peaceful time of day to go. Also, late night is guaranteed "me time" because the kids and husband are sound asleep.

Replies

• RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I usually go to the gym between 1-3am. Because its empty. And I am an insomniac.i love it.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Ooooh best time to go! Place I go now shuts at 9.30 :(
  • HarleyQuinn1774
    HarleyQuinn1774 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

The place I go to is open 24/7/365. And it's only a couple of blocks from my house. =) It's so peaceful and empty at night. There are the occasional night-owls..Always the same couple of people.
  • somehotchick
    somehotchick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like working out late too! Going to bed sore is always a good feeling :)
  • shineyapple
    shineyapple Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love going when its close to closing time at my university gym :) its almost empty...
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I usually go at 4 am and work out for a couple of hours and then come home have a protein shake and shortly after go to bed... This morning I missed it.. Ate a big meal early.. lol..
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I go at 4am when im off, I work nights so I'm always up at this time and the whole gym is mine haha...
  • danmcgarrigle5
    Options

The place I go to is open 24/7/365. And it's only a couple of blocks from my house. =) It's so peaceful and empty at night. There are the occasional night-owls..Always the same couple of people.

Same as my gym. I usually go about 2-3am. I'm an insomniac plus I like it when I am the only one there, I can turn off the tv and radio and just focus on my head phones. There are a couple other regular guys that come in around 3:30. I find that I am more comfortable then instead of during the day when the gym is packed with grunt on every rep then drop the weights brigade, the 3 loud talker guys that hover around the center of the gym, and the sit on a machine and text for 20 minutes crowd as well.

Plus I don't have to limit my time on the machines and I can lift on several machines at a time instead of all my sets on one then move to the next, I find I can lift more when I do 3-4 machines in a row versus 1 machine until I am done.

The only down side is I have a hard time falling to sleep for a few hours after I get home
  • HarleyQuinn1774
    HarleyQuinn1774 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Same as my gym. I usually go about 2-3am. I'm an insomniac plus I like it when I am the only one there, I can turn off the tv and radio and just focus on my head phones. There are a couple other regular guys that come in around 3:30. I find that I am more comfortable then instead of during the day when the gym is packed with grunt on every rep then drop the weights brigade, the 3 loud talker guys that hover around the center of the gym, and the sit on a machine and text for 20 minutes crowd as well.

Plus I don't have to limit my time on the machines and I can lift on several machines at a time instead of all my sets on one then move to the next, I find I can lift more when I do 3-4 machines in a row versus 1 machine until I am done.

The only down side is I have a hard time falling to sleep for a few hours after I get home

There's a guy at the gym I go to, he comes in the daytime and he yells the whole time he's there..From the very second he steps on the treadmill to the very last rep on the weight machines. It annoys me. I avoid daytime because of it. It wouldn't irritate me if so much if I couldn't hear it. But even with my headphones in and the music as loud as it'll go, he can still be heard loud and clear. And I just don't get yelling while walking, literally walking, on the treadmill. o.O That's not intense enough for yelling. Night-time workouts are quiet. No one yelling.