Replies

• DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options
    deleted...don't have any good advice
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    The last few years I've discovered that Aleve works much better for me than Advil. I'm not sure why. I don't like it at all for headaches. But for cramps, it really does the job.

I also make sure to increase my fiber intake. The uterus is sandwiched in between the bladder and bowel. Any pressure in either of thsoe organs, will be felt in the uterus too. So, I just try to make sure I'm going to working as well as possible.

The last few years also (it's a menopause thing) I've found that I have to really raise my iron intake on my first two days. I'm now so very heavy on days one and two, that I actually feel weak and dizzy. Iron makes a world of difference.

Products? I used to be Playtex Regular Tampons all the way through. After I hit age 38/39-ish, I had to start using Ultras on the first two days. Now, that just makes the cramps worse. Clots that are not allowed to exit the body HURT! So I have gone back to using pads like a teenager. It's weird. But it feels so much better.

Heating pads are amazing. So is the vibrating chair cushion that my husband has for his bad back. I lay on top of that and turn on the vibration and the heat. It's so good!

Turn the shower on very hot. But lay down in the tub as if you were taking a bath. Aim the shower spray right at your abdomen. It's wonderful.

As for exercise, I usually just walk when I feel like garbage. Or do yoga.
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Ibuprofen and lots of walking!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I prefer O.B. tampons. For me they have the best protection because they have individual chambers that expand outward instead of just length wise.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Just do it. The exercise makes it better.
  • rde8jr
    rde8jr Posts: 34
    Options
    Ice Blue, I don't have this problem anymore but I used to have it for about 2-3 weeks at a time before surgery so I had no choice but to find ways to work with it. I use to buy Ice blue it is sort of like icy hot but not as intense. It relaxes the muscles I would rub it on my lower abs and around the bottom of my back and it worked great. Then not only did you not have as many cramps but the exercise makes you feel better and gives you more energy later in the day. Well worth the couple of bucks and you shower usually after exercise so boom there goes the scent which the Ice blue is no where near as strong as icy hot or any of those ben gay type stuff.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I workout, but just less intensely. Do arms instead of legs (just say no to squats/lunges). Skip jumping, HIIT and ab exercises and instead go for a walk or do some low impact aerbics.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I prefer o.b. tampons. Have used them since I was a teenager and hate it when the store is out and I have to use another brand that doesn't work as well. That said, I know I can't run on my heavy day because I'll still need a pad back up, and I can't run with those. So my heavy day is either a rest day, a gym day, or a very short run day (under 30 minutes). And black tights are essential...

Which reminds me: someday I'd like to track down Nike headquarters, go in, and slap somebody. I have some great tights and capris from them, except they all have WHITE crotch liners. Do they not have a SINGLE woman on staff to tell them this is a bad idea????