How do you deal with this.?

Options
2»

Replies

• erin4455
    erin4455 Posts: 135
    Options
    We eat at restaurants constantly and while I'm not claiming that's the healthiest lifestyle, it often works for our schedules. I definitely make the most of it. If it's a chain restaurant, I Google their nutritional info first, or search out menu items on here for calorie counts, etc. If it's a privately-owned restaurant, I go with the healthiest options, available. If all else fails, I order a nice salad and control the amount of dressing I add. If I get grilled chicken on it, I ask how it's prepared and request that no butter or oil be added. I do this with steak, too - most steak places brush oil on the steaks as they cook but you can easily request this be left off. A plain baked potato with a little added salt and pepper makes a nice complement to any grilled meats or fish. There are so many options and most of all, never be shy! Ask how things are prepared and make requests based on your needs. Eating out DOES NOT have to equal failure - we all can make the right choices.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    yeah..i only go to restaurants where i can get a sirloin and vegetables or a broiled fish and vegetables. your family and friends should be flexible enough to go to where you need to eat out...as you are being flexible by going out to eat with them. give and take..only fair.