First World Problems..

Options
cmcollins001
cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
Yes, I have them. I live in a first world and I have problems. I get annoyed when people use loose and not lose. I complained and cried when Taco Bell got rid of the Chili Cheese burrito and rejoiced when they brought it back. I get upset when I buy some donuts only to find I got the day old donuts by accident instead of the fresh one. I don't like rough toilet paper. Cereal serving sizes bother me...it's NEVER enough. I get irritated when I eat breakfast somewhere and they only have grape jelly and no strawberry. I complain about how cold my office seems to be these days. I hate when my internet connection seem to slow down. I'm mad right now because my docking station is acting up and my third monitor isn't working.

I have first world problems...but they are my problems, so I'll complain about them as much as I want, and I'll even come to a public internet forum and start a topic about them if I want.

If typing "First World Problems" as your only forum post in every other thread makes you feel somehow superior or as though you are helping point out and solve third world issue, then more power to you, but let me let you in on a little secret...you're not helping anyone.

Replies

• jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    my problems are out of this world.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Cool_26e6f6_3018739.gif

Although I DID get rather upset when I paid three dollars for a cupcake at my campus cafeteria the other day, bit into it, and it tasted like it was more than a week old... but that just proves that it was a bad decision for me anyway! *shrug*
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    #FWP fo' sho!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Real first world problem right here. I can't get the code to embed the image I want while on my iPhone and my job blocks the meme site from which the image is hosted. :indifferent:

Is it trivial, yeah it is. I would rather have these problems though rather than grocery shopping at a dump or out of a dumpster.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Is it a first world problem when you spend the better part of your day debugging some C code originally written by someone from the third world?
  • cmcollins001
    Options
    Is it a first world problem when you spend the better part of your day debugging some C code originally written by someone from the third world?

No, that's a second world problem and you should probably start your own thread, or better yet, that might be better suited in a group with like minded people.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I hate when the toilet seat is cold.
  • bluefrog_2001
    bluefrog_2001 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    @cmcollins001: I feel your pain....only grape jelly, but no strawberry :sad:

ruins your whole day, doesn't it?
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    First World problem.I bought the blackberry playbook just to find out I don't have access to the Android apps and the blackberry apps are all joke or made for other countries nooo!!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

and yet am creeped out when it is warm.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Is this a party?

jellyt.jpg
  • bluefrog_2001
    bluefrog_2001 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Is this a party?

jellyt.jpg

Thanks alot - now I want some Cracker Barrel Apples :grumble:
  • cmcollins001
    Options
    @cmcollins001: I feel your pain....only grape jelly, but no strawberry :sad:

ruins your whole day, doesn't it?

Nothing is right for weeks.
  • cmcollins001
    Options

and yet am creeped out when it is warm.

Quite the conundrum, isn't it.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    The other night I was making a dijon sauce for my salmon, and the recipe called for a couple tbsp of dry white wine. I didn't have any bottles of dry white wine that were cheap enough to just randomly open on a Tuesday night. I was actually annoyed and bothered that I only had more expensive bottles of wine.

It doesn't get much more First World than that, folks.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I'm mad right now because my docking station is acting up

That is no way to talk about your wife.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I couldn't fnd the fishing reel I wanted in the gear ratio I wanted, so I had to buy a new gearset for a brand new reel to get what I wanted...
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    The other night I was making a dijon sauce for my salmon, and the recipe called for a couple tbsp of dry white wine. I didn't have any bottles of dry white wine that were cheap enough to just randomly open on a Tuesday night. I was actually annoyed and bothered that I only had more expensive bottles of wine.

It doesn't get much more First World than that, folks.

WINNER! TELL HIM WHAT HE'S WON, JOHNNY!!

Johnny: "He's won a case of... oh wow... this is embarrassing. It's a case of expensive white wine."
  • chadgard
    chadgard Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I hate the whole "First World Problems...." thing, because it's usually Americans complaining about their problems. But America is not a First World country. This is the New World - ie, the 2nd world. Smooshing us in to the 1st world, and naming many old world countries "2nd world" during the cold war was just annoying and confusing, and the cold war is over now anyway.

In an era when many college students can't locate Washington, DC on a map, should we really be cluttering up peoples geographic minds this way? Simply knowing which world a country belongs to will become as difficult as remember whether coffee or fat or carbs or whatever is good or bad!
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    The router in my house must have weak wifi in my weight room. One minute I'm jammin out on my elliptical to my Pandora station, then the next it sounds like a scratched CD. CURSE YOU WIRELESS CONNECTION! CURSE YOOOOOU!!