Would love friends who eat about 1400 calories

Options
before I was eating to low of calories so I upped mine to 1400 calories. I have lost 11 pounds doing it this way. I only have 46 more pounds till I reach my goal weight. I usually eat 3 meals and 2 snacks. I find as long as I pick healthy choices and don't go over board I can keep the calories pretty close.

Replies

• wildfirediva
    Options
    I eat about 1400 NET calories which mean my total is around 1900-2000 on average with my activity/exercise. I am also High protein/lower carb. Feel free to add me if this is in line with what you are looking for.
  • iSurvive
    iSurvive Posts: 91
    Options
    I had mine set to 1300 but have been thinking of upping it to 1400. Feel free to add me!
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 1450. I am new to cooking though so I haven't always got the best food choices but I am learning.
  • sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am set to 1440. You can add me if you like.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1400 NET calories which mean my total is around 1900-2000 on average with my activity/exercise.

I'm about here as well. Feel free to friend me! I do most of my own cooking and I really don't eat much in the way of processed foods. My downfall tends to come when I bake, or drink... especially because drinking then leads to my overindulging in said baked goods, or getting into the peanut butter jar >.>
  • violinkeri
    violinkeri Posts: 212
    Options
    Mines set to 1500 but Im usually closer to 1400-1450. I accept all requests!
  • alexeye11
    alexeye11 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I recently upped my calories from 1230 to 1480. Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • MsCristie
    MsCristie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was at 1320 but lowered my goals so I am allowed 1500 but I try to stay around 1400. You can add me.
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am at 1490-new at this. I lost about 8 pounds when I started logging because I was eating like crazy without realizing how many calories I was consuming.

I am still having trouble keeping it at 1500...

I have 3 kids/husband and kind of eat what we have in the house. Tonight we are going out, so I already logged what I am going to order... and I am over almost to 1500.

I will keep drinking my water and playing around with the calories. I also need to work out, but the roads are still snowy and icy, so walking isn't in the near future.

Good luck-add if you want!
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    Remember MFP is your NET calories. When you set up your "Goals" you select your Activity Level and is estimates what your basic/normal day TDEE will probably be. Any activity you put in above your MFP/Normal TDEE it subtracts that number from your total calories consumed. (Whether you input it manually here or use a device that syncs. I use Body Media Fit Link)

Example Normal Day-No extra activity from what you and MFP have determined your expending daily. Normal/MFP TDEE is set at 2110 calories and calories consumed set at 1400 NET. That means if you don't eat above this and your TDEE is correct you should loose and not gain. [Theoretically at the rate estimated by MFP].

However once you start logging your activity above your normal it changes...

Example-Active Day Above Normal: So you had a busy day and you also hit the gym. Your Normal TDEE is as set by MFP is 2110 calories. But your device or MFP estimates/shows that you did 300 calories of activity. This is added to your Normal TDEE giving your a Overall TDEE of 2410 for that day. What MFP does is add 300 calories to your daily need. So it calculates that you should/could eat up to 1700 calories TOTAL and still only NET 1400.

Most people will refer to this as "eating back your exercise calories". If you are active and working out and ONLY eating 1400 TOTAL and not logging your extra calories burned you may be eating under 1000 NET Calories. Your NET calories should not be under your calculated BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) which is the minimum nutritional calories you need to do nothing more than perform basic body functions such as breathe and little to know physical movement otherwise.

I use a Body Media Fit link to track my TDEE. It automatically syncs up my burn above my MFP settings (There are some super lazy days where I don't hit my Normal MFP level and it tells me to eat that difference less than 1400). Some use a Fit Bit and some Use just a Heart Rate monitor and manually add their calories burned as displayed on the Heart Rate monitor.

It takes constant tweaking to understand and make it work for you.
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am doing 1389. Add me if you'd like, I keep my diary open.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I average around 1400 calories a day. :)
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    1400 net is the magic number here :)
  • princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I net around 1400, feel free to add me :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Roughly 1300 here! Anyone can feel free to add me! :smile:
  • Nelliebird1430
    Options
    I eat about 1400 NET calories which mean my total is around 1900-2000 on average with my activity/exercise.

I'm about here as well. Feel free to friend me! I do most of my own cooking and I really don't eat much in the way of processed foods. My downfall tends to come when I bake, or drink... especially because drinking then leads to my overindulging in said baked goods, or getting into the peanut butter jar >.>

:drinker: Me too!! hahaha Nice to hear someone with the same triggers :laugh: Anyone can add me if they'd like!
  • Melaney1
    Melaney1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    HI I'm also at around 1400 and I am trying to lose 40 lbs. you can add me if you like.
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1490 not including exercise. Add if you like.
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That's me!! I have between 1300-1500 usually!! I'd love to be your buddy!!
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500, can we still be friends?