Coping with 4 pm chocolate cravings

Options
2»

Replies

• Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I have started having an afternoon snack of either Fiber One's protein Coconut and chocolate bar (tastes like an almond joy) or one of Nature Valley's dark chocolate and almond protein bars - they give me the taste of chocolate but also make me feel full so I don't go looking for more chocolate. I've also been known to just grab one Hershey kiss or a teaspoon full of chocolate chips (maybe with a handful of almonds too - pop one almond with a couple of chocolate chips into the mouth together) to satisfy the craving but not go crazy on calories. But frankly since I've started eating the protein bars I haven't needed any other chocolate
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    How funny. It is 4;30 and it is all RHNONNIE's fault (above) I now want chocolate and peanut butter!
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I keep Hershey's kisses frozen. I make room for 3 per day when they are in the house. I unwrap and just let it melt in my mouth. Usually 3 will get me past the chocolate craving.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I will definitely try some of them.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    You could have some sugar free Jello pudding (it's 60 cals), freeze some small pieces of choc. and eat those and it takes longer to eat so you don't have as many, hot chocolate...
  • squinz
    squinz Posts: 136
    Options
    I have been buying small chocolates (like treat/kids sizes) and they fit in to my calorie allowance brilliantly.

I have tried cutting out completely and it doesn't work and I end up over compensating snacking on other things because I actually just want chocolate!
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My dietician reccomended adding some protein/fibre to my 4pm snack - I've found it helpful as I now avoid a sugar crash. Perhaps also some raw nuts? And I'm totally trying the cocoa nibs.
  • MrsCassizzleSparkles
    Options
    I make room for chocolate. I have up to three Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bliss candies every day. Keeps me off the roof.

1 or 2 of these always meet my chocolate craving. If you love something like chocolate, don't cut it out completely or you'll end up binging on it. Just have a little bit!