need clean eating/raw/vegan/vegetarian friends!

Options
I need some friends on here! I'm transitioning into veganism and could definitely use some like-minded support.

(I've actually lived a vegan/raw lifestyle in the past (for over two years) and have been trying to get back to that healthy place! I have the feeling that it will stick this time because I want it!)

Replies

• OwaBitty
    OwaBitty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I have been trying to transition back to being vegan over the last few weeks, starting with eating more fruits and veggies. I always prefered to call myself a "non meat eater" because I didn't like fruits or veggies. Def looking for info on clean vegan eating!
  • Coyotemama
    Coyotemama Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I was a vegetarian YEARS ago back on high school and am now also working on transitioning to veganism. I've gone plant-strong for several months now and I'm now working on weaning myself off of cheese and eggs. I'd love to make some like-minded friends as well.
  • fruitandgreens
    fruitandgreens Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is my first day on MyFitnessPal. I decided it's time to lose the weight and keep it off and be in the best shape ever. I have been on every diet imaginable. I have been on and off on a raw vegan diet since 2008. I felt my best when eating a mostly raw vegan diet. I am committing to 100 days vega with an emphasis on raw vegan. I started January 1. I would love to share with like minded people and support each other.
  • fruitandgreens
    fruitandgreens Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :love: This is my first day on MyFitnessPal. I decided it's time to lose the weight and keep it off and be in the best shape ever. I have been on every diet imaginable. I have been on and off on a raw vegan diet since 2008. I felt my best when eating a mostly raw vegan diet. I am committing to 100 days vega with an emphasis on raw vegan. I started January 1. I would love to share with like minded people and support each other.
  • meganreinsch
    meganreinsch Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 2 years now. I love the clean fresh way of eating and I feel great. It is super helpful to see other vegetarians / vegans food journals for more fun ideas :)

Add me

Megan
  • water2soul
    water2soul Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also feel great wehn not eating meat, and become more comfortable preparing Raw food. my fitness pal is a great place to share and get support.
  • bhopejones
    Options
    I was vegan/raw food for quite a while, and now I've transitioned into eating meat very rarely and when I do, it's hormone/anti-biotic/free range, etc. I still try to stay away from dairy. It's not even necessarily for ethical reasons, though I do understand that aspect of it! definitely! but mostly because of what goes into most meat/dairy and also because our bodies don't GENERALLY (not always, just generally) process dairy very well. I would go all vegan but all the fresh fruits/veggies/nuts etc was getting so expensive, and because there's only me, and I work every day, and those things are all perishable, I was having to go to the grocery store several times a week to buy small portions. if not, my food would go bad before I could eat all of it. unfortunately! but kudos to you! It's definitely the way to go! :D
  • ellasanvictores
    ellasanvictores Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hi! trying to make raw vegan my lifestyle as well. how's your raw vegan lifestyle so far?
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian yes since 1995...(and no, I don't eat fish).
  • obrownee
    obrownee Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I've been a vegetarian and on/off again vegan for four years now. I'm really trying to eat healthier foods, since I haven't been eating the healthiest :P Let me know if you have any questions or just want to talk!
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Vegan_Freak
    Options
    I'm vegan :smile:
  • brooke110xoox
    Options
    hey ! I've been eating raw vegan for the past three weeks, did it a couple times of the past 3 years, trying to commit this time. :) good luck everyone!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Me too !
    Always good to have like minded friends...add me if you want to. :wink:
  • ellasanvictores
    ellasanvictores Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How many lbs have you lost for three weeks of being raw vegan? On my day 2 today...praying it will be my lifestyle.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. i still do dairy at times, although i am working on finding an allergist to see if i am still allergic to some nuts, a nutrionist to maybe try and plan (or i can do that on my own as well) to transition back into veganism (i went vegetarian in 2002, vegan is 2007/2008 but got really ill because the college dining hall wasnt the best place to go vegan lol).
  • wagonblaster
    wagonblaster Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was a vegetarian, then vegan for 3 years, and now a vegetarian again because I have added a little cheese to my diet. I also have to wear really nice shoes to work, and have only found comfortable leather shoes that last (I have tried all of them). I try to eat a varied diet, but sometimes, especially since working on weight loss, and time constraints I eat one thing for awhile. I have found that I go over my protein most days, but don't meet my caloric count most times, which means I am hungry more often that not. I guess that is part of the plan though...becoming use to being a little hungry.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    vegan here for 8 years food and everything else. feel free to add me. i have an open diary and everybody else is invited to add me too.
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Mostly vegetarian for the past year but recently transitioned to vegan (2 weeks today!) I've been a clean eater for over a year. :) Feel free to add me!
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Vegan eight years strong who has a love affair with kale every day ;)