Workout Schedule.

Options
Okay so I am trying to get on a daily workout schedule. I am training for a 5K and therefore want to run atleast 3 days a week. BTW, I am still new to consistant running and it is very difficult for me. I would prefer to workout every day if possible because it makes me feel good, and gives me more calories to eat.

This is what I have tentatively planned.

Monday - Krav Maga
Tuesday - Run/Walk
Wednesday- Krav Maga
Thursday- Run/ Walk
Friday- Walk or Run/Walk
Saturday - Run/Walk
Sunday- Walk or Rest

Krav Maga is a martial art, (I am not willing to give this up because I want the self-defense training). This class usually consists of a 10 to 15 minute "warm-up" which consists of high intensity cardio and some resistance moves. Some of the resistance moves we do include lunges, sumo-squats, regular squats, wall-squats, planks, sit-ups, leg-raises, crunches, and most of all push-ups. We do not always do all of these moves, usually just a few of them, but we almost always do push-ups. Then for the rest of the class we work on various self defense moves. I am always sore from this class. Usually in my arms from all the punching and push-ups, sometimes in the legs as well. My question is do I need to add resistance training to my workout regime. I don't think I could do any more than two days of strength training on top of Krav Maga. Also, I have noticed if I do leg moves like squats and lunches it makes it harder for me to keep my pace up during my run/walk because my legs are so tired. Can I put-off the lower body strength moves until my body becomes accustomed to running, and just focus on my upper body and core moves? Any ideas on what to add to my regime? Any feedback at all is much appreciated.

Sorry for the long post.

Replies

• waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I do taekwondo 4 or 5 nights a week and do insanity 6 mornings a week. I usually do Tae Bo or aerobics on my 7th day. So I work out 1.5 to 2 hours each day.

The Insanity workouts just make me more and more stronger during the martial arts workout later in the day. So much so that I am disappointed when we only do 10 push-ups in TKD. I don't even think of TKD as exercise because it's just so much fun. It's my way to relieve stress from work and family.
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about Krav Maga. It doesn't feel like working out. I really feel like a badass when I get done with it. Which is a great feeling.