Greek Yogurt

Options

Replies

• ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    Greek Yogurt is one of the biggest reasons I've been able to keep my diet steady this time around. Two containers of greek yogurt with a serving of granola in the morning keeps me going for quite a while.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i love Greek yogurt.

my faves that are under 120 cals :

Danon Greek cherry : 80 cals

Yoplait Greek 100 strawberry, 100 cals

Oikos Greek caramel, 110 cals. this one has become almost impossible to find.

to me, the Greek cherry from Danon tastes like cheesecake.
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt. I have from the moment I tried it. My favorites are Fage, Chobani, Yolplait and Light and Fit. Vanilla honey is very good. I just feel like I am having dessert. Yum!
  • ohpretty
    ohpretty Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The only yogurt I'll eat is Greek! The texture of normal yogurt just makes me sick, so I was never able to eat it. But ever since I discovered Greek yogurt it's pretty much become my daily staple. I absolutely love the new flavors Oikos has come out with - ESPECIALLY the Toasted Coconut Vanilla. And Chobani's new mixes like the almond vanilla is wonderful.
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love it! I buy plain and sweeten it myself with honey or a tad of sugar- that way I can control the amount. My preferred brand is Chobani 0%. I've mixed it with lemon curd and frozen strawberries. I also like it too cook with in lieu of light sour cream or for sauces. I made a tzatiki like sauce with cilantro and jalapenos for some quinoa and black bean patties I made.

It's very versatile!
  • Rosalindgr
    Rosalindgr Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Love it!
    Awesome! awesome!! awesome!! ABS!!!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I lov eit! I love the texture of it!

I have been eating the Yoplait 100 calories ones. Key lime and lemon are my faves... I have also had the mini chocolate chunk ones but those are as thick.

I wont go back to normal yogurt.
  • XRavenhood
    XRavenhood Posts: 102
    Options
    I absolutely love it. Try different companies and flavors as they're obviously not all the same. For instance, I can't stand strawberry yogurt because of the strange artificial flavor it has so I just use vanilla greek yogurt and add fresh chopped strawberries and it's amazing.
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I hate all flavoured Greek yoghurt especially Chiobanni? (sp?) It is in no way a representation of what Greek yoghurt is.

I only use Fage Total and I only buy..... wait for it...... FULL FAT! :-O

Zero fat or 2% is a myth. There is actually very little difference when you work out say a cup of each and full fat has much more protein in in and tastes completely different.

I know what you mean though, I think then 0% stuff tastes sharp a bit like the air at a farmyard. (lol) I think it's vile stuff but Fage Total FULL FAT is gorgeous. If it is too sharp for you then add a touch of raw honey, it is one of my most used foods. I probably eat is almost daily.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it. Never liked yogurt before but I eat some everyday now that I tasted greek yogurt. It's so thick and creamy. The Danone Oikos lime is my favorite! So yummy!
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just made my first batch of Greek yogurt. It turned out amazing! Very thick and creamy. It was a fun process too. I will definitely be doing it again. I think it tastes better than the store-bought kinds I've tried, and it's definitely cheaper! Looking forward to using it on baked potatoes as well as for breakfast or lunch with fruit or a little vanilla added. Yum!
  • petitegreek
    petitegreek Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Greek yogurt! My favorite brands are Chobani, Danon Greek, and Yoplait Greek. However, if you are watching calories, do not go for Chobani. It has the highest calories out of all of them (140 calories). I like Danon Greek the best out of all of them because it's the lowest calorie count (80 calories)
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I just made my first batch of Greek yogurt. It turned out amazing! Very thick and creamy. It was a fun process too. I will definitely be doing it again. I think it tastes better than the store-bought kinds I've tried, and it's definitely cheaper! Looking forward to using it on baked potatoes as well as for breakfast or lunch with fruit or a little vanilla added. Yum!

It DOES taste better, doesn't it? I like that when I make it, it doesn't have any gelatin or freaky chemicals in it. I can control how much fat it contains, make whatever weird flavors I might like, and make it as thick as I want. It's satisfying to know that I made it, and it's good for me and my family.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the new craze with this. Am I the only one that hates Greek yogurt? To me it tastes like fruit flavored sour milk.

Yuck.

"New craze?"
  • TurquoiseSky
    TurquoiseSky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Greek yogurt... eat it every day.

We don't have Fage in Canada, but I keep hearing great things - I'm jealous!

There is a new product by Yoplait Source. It's 0% Greek Yogurt. Only 50 calories and 8 grams of protein per 100 grams, and it comes in vanilla or strawberry. It's to die for, and for once, available in Canada :)
  • pattycake118
    pattycake118 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    When I was first looking to try it, the ingredient list on most brands troubled me. I found one that had only 2 ingredients - the Kirkland brand (Costco) and I like it. Here's a taste test article (which, unfortunately doesn't list Kirkland).
    http://main.kitchendaily.com/2011/09/09/the-best-plain-greek-yogurt-our-taste-test-results
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I love Yoplait Greek 100 Black Cherry
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I agree it does taste sour. I don't eat it by itself, plus it usually contains a lot more calories than a regular yogurt. But I do use it for recipes as a replacement.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I liked the greek but now I'm in love with Siggi's Icelandic Yogurt. I mix the nonfat vanilla with fresh fruit (usually strawberries). Only 100 calories in the yogurt and 14g protein. Nom nom.
  • mona_patty
    mona_patty Posts: 170
    Options
    295659_4447337346649_1899953240_n.jpg

4 oz chobani plain greek yogurt
    10 almonds
    1/2 tbsp goji berries
    1/2 tbsp coconut flakes
    1/2 tbsp REAL maple syrup
    1/2 tsp cinnamon powder

Or I had 1/2 cup of mixed berries without the maple syrup... It is delicous!!!! :) I love chobani :) I only buy the plain and add to it....