Cravings:(

Options
Cravings at 1:20 in the morning so not cool and fruit is not making it go away:)

Replies

• KiwiKimblee
    Options
    Have you had a glass if water? It usually works.
  • edenmeribor
    Options
    If you freeze mashed bananas they simulate soft serve ice cream really well. You can even try adding peanut butter or honey!
  • dedicationandcommitment
    Options
    I've had 3 plus 2 gatorades and I eventually emptied all that!!!!
  • liannexxx
    liannexxx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Water is a great shout! I have been trying this over the last couple of days - drink a bottle of water really quickly then 10 - 20mins later I normally feel really full! :smile:
    Options
    I would but I hate bananas plus I don't have any!!!!
    Options
    I drunk the water fast and left my system even faster....
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    If you freeze mashed bananas they simulate soft serve ice cream really well. You can even try adding peanut butter or honey!

do they get black?
  • Ryanmariem
    Ryanmariem Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Something w/protien is best for cravings. It takes longer to digest and will keep you fuller longer, but nothing too heavy if it is a late night snack, a slice of toast w/peanut butter, or an apple slice w/peanut butter, Almonds, or other nuts/seedsor just making sure your dinner is protein rich.. Also for me drinking tea helps a lot I like Jasmine Green Tea w/a little honey, Sleepy Time & Tension Tamer all real good. ...

Another thing is to be sure you are drinking enough water.... If it comes out fast...then keep drinking it, if you don't get enough water throughout the day having a whole bunch will make you go, until your body realizes it is getting enough water...this is how it cleans out our system, helps flush all the toxins away. The average person does not drink enough water, you should drink 1/2 of your body weight, or at least 8 glasses of 8oz (once you get use to drinking the water it just feels so good!)
  • 1956Marilyn
    Options
    cut up an apple with a few raisins, add a bit of cinnamon and put it in the microwave for a few minutes. Apple crisp without the crisp.
  • Itsdevo
    Itsdevo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I get cravings EVERY NIGHT, at around this time (2am). ...and it seems to be every time I've finished my daily calorie log, when there's no room to add more. Of course!

..and I agree, fruits , water, and/or veggies don't kill the craving for me (they kill hunger wonderfully, but NOT cravings).

Well, tonight, I remembered something. One of my favorite and filling things is chocolate milk. Of course that would wreak havoc on my calorie plan but I happened to have the chocolate slimfast shake mix, so mixed half a scoop pf that (55 cals) with half a cup of unsweetened of almond milk (20 cals), and a cup of H20. It was soooooo tasty! And afterwards I actually felt FULL for the first time all day! I ended up adding 75 cals to my day's menu, but it was *much* better than last night when I snacked on a cookie!
  • ashleylmp
    ashleylmp Posts: 40 Member
    Options

do they get black?

No, they're just delicious!