HUGE NSV for me this week!!

Options
firemanfive0
firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
I have been on my fire department for 18yrs. The last time I was in an air pack and an interior fireman was over 2yrs ago...before that probably 3 more years. I got re-certified to wear the SCBA a month ago. I was running/walking my 5K on the treadmill and was in the last two minutes of my run when we got called for a house fire. We got called to assist another department and I am normally the pump operator but they didn't need ours, so I able to suit up in an airpack and be an attack fireman. I fought the fire from the ground and the roof, I was up and down the ladder many times and I ripped roofing off. The best part...I was not ready to quit...I felt like an animal today!! I feel like I got some my old mo-jo back today

I showed my myself today that all my hard work has payed off and I am gaining back the life I want!! I have traded 6months of hard work to get back years of my life.

I wish I had some magical words for everyone...the main thing that worked for me was just drawing that line in the sand and moving forward across it.

Replies

• Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Congratulations hun, your hard work certainly has paid off. Keep up the hard yards and you will be rewarded.

I'm proud of you xx
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic nsv!! Keep the fire burning (pun intended)xc
  • JoRubin
    JoRubin Posts: 3
    Options
    I wish they could bottle that feeling and sell it to the public. I can only imagine how wonderful you feel right now. :)
  • tami6543
    tami6543 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh Wow! How exciting for you!!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    im not sure which to congratulate you on more as both sound pretty good to me
  • southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Being the ex wife to a firefighter, I know the importance of your success. Great job!!
  • sharonKay65
    sharonKay65 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work!! I can only imagine what a physically and emotionally demanding job you must have. For all of the brave Men and Women just like yourself, thank you for being heroes to so many in their time of crisis. I am sure you will continue to keep up your great work!:smile:
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I know that's a great feeling. And I know your other brothers were glad to have you there.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Very huge NSV! Congratulations on becoming healthier! I am sure the folks in the area you serve appreciate it too!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a wonderful feeling! I"m very happy for you. You didn't just draw the line in the sand and approach it, you blew it away.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congratulations on your success. Thank you for putting your life on the line every day for your community.
  • Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    Congratulation on your NSV and even though I believe I'm in a different thanks for doing a job that saves the lives of many of in some cases their homes and livelihoods.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    First of all, thank you for your service. And second of all , your NSV gives you your life back but also lets you save lives.... Can't get any better than that. Great work!!!:flowerforyou:
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV that not only benefits your life, but the lives of others. Hat is off to you!
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    Great NSV!! Congrats and keep up the great work :)
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    amazing, great work!!
  • gypsum123
    gypsum123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What does NSV stand for?
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    non scale victory = NSV
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I think that is one of the best NSV's I have every read. To know that you are capable of doing a job you love and can now do it better, its just awesome.
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Congrats to you ! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!