Beginners Challenge... 50 miles in March

Options

Replies

• optimist49
    Options
    I'm in need of a challenge to get motivated thanks. How do you do the ticker thing? :wink:

exercise.png

woo hoo I did it.
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    count me IN! :)
  • chelle2k
    chelle2k Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I really need a big motivator!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    3.5 miles done

exercise.png
  • Bev401971
    Bev401971 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in I'm going to do it!!!!
  • kaekencoffee
    kaekencoffee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great start! I'm happy!!!!

exercise.png
    [/url]
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • optimist49
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to update my ticker, not done this before???
  • watchitjiggle
    watchitjiggle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in.:smile:
  • bdunn0531
    bdunn0531 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to make the ticker appear. I walked 2.6 miles today - 3/1/13
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    h8BA4A435

Will add ticker when I figure it out.
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do this. Just started a new 5k program. 50 miles in march. Got this :)

exercise.png
  • ldressle66
    Options
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to update my ticker, not done this before???

Paste the URL of your ticker ( http://www.tickerfactory.com/...) in a web browser address bar and it will take you to the update page of your ticker, you will need to remember your PIN that you set up. Hope this helps =)

ETA: unless there's an easier way of doing this??
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    GETTING THE TICKER TO POST----hopefully these detailed instructions will help everyone that is having difficulty posting their ticker. It took me awhile to get it as well but once you learn it, it is super easy.

1. Go to tickerfactroy.com and mid page is an area for "exercise and fitness ticker" - click that

2. Choose what ticker you like, click next. Choose what person/figure/slider you want and click next.

3. Put in a password, units (would be miles or km here), your current cummuliative value (which should be zero as March isn't here yet), and what your target miles are (50 or higher), and then put in the message that you want printed on top of your ticker (most people do 50 mile challenge or something like that) and then click the next tab.

4 It will say "done!" and show you ticker. It wll bring up a size and dark/ligh option. i would suggest large and ligher.

5. At the bottom of this same "done!" page there is a box that says "Direct Image URL". The link in this box is what you need to post your ticker on MFP.
    Highlight the link in the box and right click to "copy".
    Go to where you are ready to do a "reply" to the 50 mile challenge and in the reply box where you would normally type your wording (like where you typed that you couldnt get the ticker to work), right click your mouse and "paste" the link (do not submit your reply yet!!).
    The link as it is was listed in the "direct image URL:" box on the tickerfactory website should now be identical to what you copy and pasted into your MFP reply.

now add directly in front of link with no spaces  (********make the img is lowercase though not capital....lowercase would not show up here for the directions so I had to use capital for the example)
    then add direcly behind link with no spaces (*** again img needs to be lowercase not capital)
    now hit reply to the post and you should see you ticker there.

good luck :)

exercise.png
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Sounds good if this isn't a closed group I am in for 50.
  • NellieFlower
    Options
    March Beginners Challenge...50 miles in March.
    I will give it a go. My first fitness challenge! But, for convenience I will be doing it in kilometres. So it is the 80 Kilometre challenge for me.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    March 2013 Walking
    Date Miles Goal: 60
    3/1/2013 5
    3/2/2013 5

Total 10
    Vhsam6.png