Options
_noob_
_noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
What a (burp)

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Have you guys tried counselling? I had a similar problem with my wife and diet soda in particular. I kept trying to tell her that we couldn't keep it in the house but she was being REALLY selfish about it. We went and spoke with a professional and things are much better now.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    just make up
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Talk to her. Tell her about what diet soda does to you, how it makes you feel about yourself and how she is enabling that. Let her know that you cherish her and need her support, that the two of you have the power to overcome this crippling addiction - together.
    Or hit her in the head with a shovel and bury her in the backyard. Your call.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Maybe she's just getting extra for you because she's tired of the whining?
  • JennytheWicked
    JennytheWicked Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Have you shown her exactly what aspartame does? How dangerous it is?

Is she just keeping it in the house?

I found that replacing it with something you really like helps not wanting diet sodas.
  • samanthawarren
    Options
    What do you mean? Is it that she is waving it in front of your face saying "come on you know you want to drink this"? :huh: Or is it just in the house? If it is just in the house, then I could accuse my entire family of trying to sabotage my healthy eating. My husband and kids enjoy homemade cookies, ice cream etc. I even make the cookies, but I rarely eat any myself. I don't expect them to give up as much as I am. Yet still because of the changes I have made, everyone is eating healthier.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    Settle this with hand-to-hand combat.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    shake up a can of diet soda and spray it in her face!!! She's emotionally abusing you and the beatings are just around the corner. Better defend yourself now.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to have to be straight with you.

You are going to die. Get your affairs in order now before it's too late.

I'm really sorry. My deepest condolences.
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If she's standing in the way of your fitness goals... Threaten to divorce her, and just tell her you're gonna take your new six pack to the beach and get someone better looking.
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I don't expect my wife to not eat or drink certain items just because I am not. This would seem selfish to me if I did.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    What do you mean? Is it that she is waving it in front of your face saying "come on you know you want to drink this"? :huh: Or is it just in the house? If it is just in the house, then I could accuse my entire family of trying to sabotage my healthy eating. My husband and kids enjoy homemade cookies, ice cream etc. I even make the cookies, but I rarely eat any myself. I don't expect them to give up as much as I am. Yet still because of the changes I have made, everyone is eating healthier.
    good point
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Tell her to quit being such an aspartame.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    What a (burp)
    Have you guys tried counselling? I had a similar problem with my wife and diet soda in particular. I kept trying to tell her that we couldn't keep it in the house but she was being REALLY selfish about it. We went and spoke with a professional and things are much better now.

if your wives really loved you, they'd drink it outside or wait until you weren't home to drink the diet soda.

i guess they don't really love you.

you should both demand a divorce.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    shake up a can of diet soda and spray it in her face!!! She's emotionally abusing you and the beatings are just around the corner. Better defend yourself now.
    HA HAAAAA!!!
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    I don't expect my wife to not eat or drink certain items just because I am not. This would seem selfish to me if I did.
    Don't you worry that she thinks less of you because you don't make her eat what you eat?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I can share.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    There is only one solution. A dance-off.
  • n8dawg77
    n8dawg77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how man *kitten* holes there are on MFP. The guy has a problem and nobody is giving him actual help you're all just turning it into a joke. It's things like this that can wreck a marriage and cause depression and ... shoot I can't even do this with a straight face... I suck!!!!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how man *kitten* holes there are on MFP. The guy has a problem and nobody is giving him actual help you're all just turning it into a joke. It's things like this that can wreck a marriage and cause depression and ... shoot I can't even do this with a straight face... I suck!!!!

you have far worse problems... i need to take you shopping for lingerie