Clenses & Detox?

Options
I am really wanting to do a clense to clear out my system. I have been sick lately and I have been slipping up on healthy foods and I can really feel it on my body. I don't want to try the first clense I find on the internet, sooooooooo.......

what are some of the ones you guys have used or recommend??? Why did you like it and how were your results???

Also I don't want one that is too complicated to make or involves crazy things. I am a very busy student and on a budget so quick and buget friendly are great things! :)

Replies

• nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Your body is very efficient at "cleansing and detoxing" itself
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Eat real whole foods. Lots of fresh. There's no need for a cleanse. You can't "flush toxins" out of your body. Your kidneys already do that, no cleanse is going to do it any better.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    How do we insert a beating a dead horse gif?

Pick a dictionary, look at the definition of "Myth" and that's your answer.
  • jenniferchapman74
    jenniferchapman74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do two types of cleansing. Cleansing is essential in optimum health. I use the Isagenix cleansing system and I also juice. Neither of those are cheap though...but I've found that being healthy generally isn't cheap. I won't compromise on my health, so I spend more on my food and just don't go to Starbucks anymore. :)
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I didn't ask for your opinions on if I should do one or not. Just your opinion on ones you like or don't like so if you don't have an answer to that then don't respond. Its up to me to do what I want with my body and If I want to do a clense regardless of who thinks its dumb or not I'm still going to do it. But thanks anyways guys! :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    The body doesn't get clogged, there's no cork stuffed up in you anywhere that would require a flushing out of your system.
  • Amanda82691
    Options
    I do two types of cleansing. Cleansing is essential in optimum health. I use the Isagenix cleansing system and I also juice. Neither of those are cheap though...but I've found that being healthy generally isn't cheap. I won't compromise on my health, so I spend more on my food and just don't go to Starbucks anymore. :)

What type of juice clense?
  • nas061
    Options
    what do you define as a cleanse?
  • LONGBRU
    LONGBRU Posts: 3
    Options
    Eat FRESH fruits and veggies only for three days, that will clean you out. Make sure you drink plenty of water also.
    You probably will drop 3-5 pounds in the process. Worked for me........:smile:
  • jenniferchapman74
    Options
    I go on a 2 day juice fast usually once a month. I have a juicer and I juice cucumbers, Kale, spinach, lemon, ginger and half of a green apple. This is all I have for those 2 days. This is in addtiion to my Isagenix cleanse.
  • Amanda82691
    Options
    Eat FRESH fruits and veggies only for three days, that will clean you out. Make sure you drink plenty of water also.

I have heard of people doing this and feeling great after. I just might have to give it a try. Thanks! :)
  • jenniferchapman74
    Options

I have heard of people doing this and feeling great after. I just might have to give it a try. Thanks! :)

Juicing though allows most of your system to relax....nothing to breakdown but you are still getting nutrients.
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I go on a 2 day juice fast usually once a month. I have a juicer and I juice cucumbers, Kale, spinach, lemon, ginger and half of a green apple. This is all I have for those 2 days. This is in addtiion to my Isagenix cleanse.

I don't juice or "cleanse," but that sounds like it would be a great smoothie!
  • jenniferchapman74
    Options

I don't juice or "cleanse," but that sounds like it would be a great smoothie!

I actually use my juice often times as a base for my protein smoothies!
  • jenniferchapman74
    Options
    Cleansing is silly. That's what your body does all by itself. Feed it properly and it will do it's job for you.

I've eaten Paleo for the better part of 4 years now. Feel GREAT...but I added juicing in about 6 months ago and have never felt better.
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    The only thing I do is skin brushing and the occasional sauna to help keep the lymphatic system moving to avoid any blockage. The lymphatic system can get blocked if you're not taking care of it, and this type of detox method helps. Plus, skin brushing is amazing for removing those dead skin cells, so you have nothing blocking and clogging your pores.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I love vegetables. I love all and any vegetables. I bought a juicer to make fresh beet juice for my husband's high blood pressure. So I decided to make myself vegetable juice. I used all my favorite vegetables.

It made me want to vomit. I could barely take a sip. I was nauseated for hours after that. I still don't understand. It wasn't a grossed out feeling. It was almost like taking a medicine meant to induce vomiting. The effect was that strong. I was like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC1P5jfpphw

The only vegetable based juice I was able to drink was one I dumped loads of salt and tabasco into.
  • nas061
    Options
    I love vegetables. I love all and any vegetables. I bought a juicer to make fresh beet juice for my husband's high blood pressure. So I decided to make myself vegetable juice. I used all my favorite vegetables.

It made me want to vomit. I could barely take a sip. I was nauseated for hours after that. I still don't understand. It wasn't a grossed out feeling. It was almost like taking a medicine meant to induce vomiting. The effect was that strong. I was like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC1P5jfpphw

The only vegetable based juice I was able to drink was one I dumped loads of salt and tabasco into.

Thank you for this - "juicing" perfectly healthy, wholesome vegetables has never seemed logical to me, and now you've convinced me that it's not smart.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Coffee enema. Cleans you right out.