Has anyone got a Hot and Spicy recipe for me please?

Options
Snoozypaws3000
Snoozypaws3000 Posts: 133 Member
Hi all,
Am looking for a low calorie high heat recipe please...
I absolutely love hot food, the more chillies the better but I'm struggling to find one that's low in cals
Has anyone got a recipe they could share please?
Much appreciated
Sky x

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com....emilybites.com......canyoustayfordinner.com ....I absolutely love the crockpot buffalo chicken and then I make baked eggrolls with it YUM
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Hi Snoozypaws

Feel free to friend me and have a look at my diary. We grow many different varieties of chillis at home and I love spicy food! I laughed when I saw your profile re giant african snails, I remember sending a friend of mine a recipe for them as he is a botanist and hates them!

Good luck with your progress. I always have chilli, oyster sauce, sesame seed oil, garlic, lemon grass and fish stock and prawns in my house and combine this with Udon noodles when I need the carbs after the gym. If not I skip the noodles and rice and add choi sum or chinese cabbage etc and make bowlfuls of the stuff. The oyster sauce is salty so you need to drink lots of water to counter balance it.

Jerk chicken is another way to use chillis combined with lovely warm spices. I have this with sweet potato mash.

Finally, I cook Thai curries but use half-fat coconut milk. Again, with prawns or chicken. Jungle curry paste is not too bad calorie wise and you dont need coconut milk for a jungle curry. I often use oyster mushrooms as they soak up some of the sauce and bulk out a chicken dish without having to add too much rice.

Finally, tomatos, chillis, garlic and lime with a dash of (optional) coconut milk makes a fairly low fat sauce. Lovely with fish or prawns....
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    PS, I am 53 and swear that chillis and garlic keep me young! MFP has been absolutely brilliant for me so far. I have a long way to go weightloss wise but intend to keep going....
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bump! I love spicy recipes :smile:
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    One of my "go to" recipes when I don't have much time is grilled chicken breast (seasoned, of course) topped with salsa and a little bit of cheese. I use mozzarella most because it is lower in fat and calories than many of the other cheeses I like. Just cook the chicken, top with salsa (which has very few calories) and sprinkle cheese on top. Melt in oven or microwave. I use mild salsa because I'm a wimp, but you could make yours as spicy as you want. This is especially easy when I cook several chicken breasts at once and keep them in the fridge for handy use.
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    chicken + chilli + tomatoes (canned is good for juice) + mixed beans + any other veg = YUM!
  • sseubers
    sseubers Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Making your own curry for example is not difficult, can be very low cal and very spicy!
    Just made some beef curry over green beans.

In foodprocessor combine chilipepper, garlic, onion, fresh ginger and some spices you like.. For example curry, paprika, cumin, cilantro. Add some lemonjuice, maybe some soysauce, if you want add some nuts, not too much ofcourse they add calories, cashews or grated coconut I have tried so far. A bit of sweetness is nice to add, use brown sugar or molasses maybe, but I just used some artificial sweetner.

When you are done making your paste, heat it in a wok, then add meat of your choice and stir fry. Tonight I used strips of beef and added some coconut milk after the beef was in the pan for a minute or two. Let simmer for just one or two minutes and serve! Also tried with cashews in the paste, combined with pork and instead of the coconut milk I used some diced fresh tomatoes and a splash of water.

Anyway, enjoy the heat your own way! Have fun :)
  • otisrose
    otisrose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Raw Food. No worries it tastes cooked, and remember the more raw the pepper the spicier. The heat never stops building~!! I got this from: http://www.rawmazing.com/spicy-veggie-raw-food-stir-fry/

◾2 C Chopped Parsnips
    ◾2 Carrots
    ◾1/2 C Pine Nuts
    ◾3/4 C Broccoli, Chopped
    ◾1/2 C Mushrooms, sliced

Finely chop parsnips, carrots, and pine nuts and place in bowl. If you are using a food processor to do this, you will want to do each separately. Combine with chopped broccoli and sliced mushrooms.

◾1/4 C Olive Oil
    ◾1/3 C Sun dried Tomatoes (soft)
    ◾1 t. Chili Peppers
    ◾1 1/2 t. Curry Powder
    ◾1 T Nama Shoyu
    ◾1 T Agave (Optional)

Combine all ingredients in food processor, process until well combined. Stir into “rice mixture”.

P.S Add more chili peppers!!!
  • fiferjim
    fiferjim Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    We make our Chili with Quorn mince fairly cuts the fat content and calorie count down.
  • Snoozypaws3000
    Snoozypaws3000 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all these ideas am definitely going to try some of these out!
    i will keep the iced water on hand! x
  • markdavy1982
    markdavy1982 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Try this mexican chicken stew, its amazing.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/531628/mexican-chicken-stew