If you were forced to eat at Red Robin what would you get?

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I'd get their burger that has Bleu cheese on it, cooked as medium rare as they will allow, and eat the living **** out of it.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Bleu ribbon burger is my favorite
  • 8Sam12
    8Sam12 Posts: 61
    Options
    Their burgers look yummy. (I'm British but was curious so had to look up their menu). If you leave the bun (they make it sound like you can customize your order so just order without), you can get all the nice insides. I'd go with chicken or turkey burgers for lean meat and then whatever I wanted amongst those. Have a side salad or vegetables instead of fries. That should keep you at around 700-800.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Bacon Cheeseburger (ask for the bacon extra crispy), Fries, and a Guiness
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    MMMMMMMMM red robin! Id get whatever I wanted and make it fit my day!
  • whitelaurel
    whitelaurel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Enjoy life. <3 Splurging isn't going to kill anyone for one day. I love Red Robin! I hardly ever go out to eat, so I feel the same reservation you do... But for one day, c'mon. :D I love bottomless fries! If I only eat French fries one night a year, so be it! They shall be endless.
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Honestly if I know I have a big dinner coming up that week I "save" a few calories. Eat 100 less per day then normal and you've got 600 to add to you bank for RR. But I make sure sure to keep it within the same week period.
  • cbwilliams2004
    cbwilliams2004 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Appetizer trio: Onion rings, fried mushrooms, and cheese sticks. Then a Bleu Ribbon Burger...extra fries. Sorry but when I go to Red Robin all bets are off.
  • muttnchop
    muttnchop Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the RR near you but the one close to me actually offers all burgers with whole wheat buns OR wrapped in lettuce. But I agree with previous posts...just enjoy it and get what you really want. It's just one day and what's life without a yummy burger every so often? I find when I don't get what I really want to eat I'm not happy with what I do order.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Water.
    Just kidding.
    This sounds good:
    go to their web site and start planning now. That way you can plan out your calories for the entire day around the meal. I often put dinner in first and build back from that.

This is exactly what I do and when I get to the restaurant, I dont open the menu to be tempted by other items or any specials they may have going on. I always know what I am going to order before going out at night and enter it first thing in the morning and make adjustments for the rest of the day. I usually just do brunch if I'm eating out at nite.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    A burger. A big one. I'd enjoy it and not worry.

And fries, and beer.

This, only like.... 4 baskets of fries. I love fries more than any person really should.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    We don't have Red Robin in my city, but if we did, I'd have to try a burger and see what all the fuss is about!! Plus, did I hear something about bottomless fries??
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I really love Red Robin. It is your child's birthday, enjoy spending time with them. One day is not going to hurt you. Or eat half and take the rest home of whatever you want this way it will help with the calories.
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have gone there several times and had the Whiskey River Salad. I ask for the salad dressing and barbecue sauce on the side. I just put a little of the barbecue sauce on and a small amount of salad dressing. It has avocados, corn, black beans and chicken. . It is topped with some fried onions which I eat a little and push the rest aside. It is a delicious salad, I hardly want anything else after eating it.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Turkey burger served on lettuce and a melon slice.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Remember one meal will not make you skinny, so one meal will not make you fat. It's your daughter's birthday, it happens ONCE A YEAR. Enjoy yourself and you'll be a better companion for the night then if she is made to feel guilty for "making" you have to stray from your diet. IF you want to, walk an extra 30 minutes 3-4 times that week, that will help bank a few extra calories.
  • canadianbugga
    canadianbugga Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    5 alarm burger
  • stephaniehonn
    Options
    A grilled chicken sandwhich without cheese or mayo. Instead of eating all the bread either make an open face sandwhich (one piece of bread) or use the lettuce as a bun. Instead of french fries order vegies or a salad with low fat dressing!
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Forced?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    That's funny, we also took our daughter there because they give out a free birthday meal coupon. It was also weird because while we were there they sang the happy birthday song to every single table around us. I guess lots of people go there for a free birthday meal. I just had the basic burger because I'm increasing my iron right now. Burger (no cheese), mustard and ketchup, lettuce and tomato, I asked for the whole wheat bun. I had veggies or something in place of fries (btw, the veggies were disgusting). I had a glass of red wine. I do not find it to be a tasty restaurant. There are many restaurants I enjoy much more and would splurge on for calories (but the food needs to taste delicious to be worth that). Red Robin is mediocre at best. One time my husband got food poisoning there.