What body type loses belly fat more?

Options

Replies

• bclever13
    bclever13 Posts: 44
    Options
    What kind of doctor are you studying to be

I'm a medical student and I believe that what you said also doesn't make any sense. I agree with Christina. Unless you have a gluten allergy it doesn't make sense that wheat causes belly fat. You know what causes belly fat? Overconsumption of ANY kind of food without burning them through exercise. I eat a ton of wheat and I almost have no belly fat.
  • bclever13
    Options
    Overconsumption is truly a fact.....cut out the BAD crbs, refined sugars and dump the soda...diet soda as well
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo sorry but it is true.....read the book called The Wheat Belly
    It's true when you believe it's true.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rachiepoo91
    rachiepoo91 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have, what I consider, the misfortune of being a pear. I've read numerous studies that body fat in the hip/thigh/seat area are the most resistant to weight loss-something to do with the biology of reproduction and having enough stores to sustain a pregnancy during lean times. I've also seen many before and after pictures of apples who have transformed into hour glass shapes. This isn't so for pears. It's impossible to escape the shape. All that being said, I think that so-called "problem areas" are determined by genetics, and they might be the ones that people have to wait longest to see transform.
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    hmmm...maybe I am hour glass...definitely not apple.. have lost stomach, hips, thighs, and chest..arms not so much...wish I could lost more on my arms..

don't you have to have a big chest to be hour glass?

That's common misconception but no. In order to be hourglass your shoulders matches the width of your hips and your body is proportional top and bottom. Meaning you have curvy shape with a small stomach and equal bulk on top and bottom
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what body shape I am so... :c But I have noticed I lose it there first. Which no complaints there. :D
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    hmmm...maybe I am hour glass...definitely not apple.. have lost stomach, hips, thighs, and chest..arms not so much...wish I could lost more on my arms..

don't you have to have a big chest to be hour glass?

Your body shape can change as you gain and lose weight. Right now my measurements are 40" bust, 27" waist, 41" hips. When I'm done losing weight I'll probably end up around 38/26/38 (that's where I used to be). Hourglass is characterized by equal measurements of bust and hips with a well defined waist. Or top heavy hourglass with a larger bust than hips but still well defined waist. Pear is smaller bust than hips.
  • bclever13
    Options
    I understand everyone has a different take on these postings...I however will not take crap from anyone ...I will consider what people say and constructive criticism but read the fine lines ...I SAD ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR....big difference....read the post more carefully....I am Certified Health Coach ...thank you :)
  • bclever13
    Options
    I have no idea what body shape I am so... :c But I have noticed I lose it there first. Which no complaints there. :D

Good job...keep up the good work
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm a typical hourglass aparently and the belly is usualy place that gets flat fastest. Skin in those places suffers due to that I thiink. Its much less elastic than the bouncy skin on my hips/thighs o.O

I wouldnt dare to suggest tho that hourglass body type loses belly fat the fastest , just my own experience,
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Pear- you gain weight first in your legs thighs and bum and not your midsection and upper body and then they are the last one you lose too.

Apple- you gain weight first in your stomach and that's the last one to go

Do you get it? So if you are really pear shaped you should lose weight in your arms shoulders and your tummy first before your lower body. If you are apple its the opposite.

I'm hourglass and I gain weight pretty much balanced upper and lower body and the last is my tummy. I can have a pretty flat tummy at higher weight but my arms and legs and thighs and bum gain weight. And oh yeah my face too.

I agree whole heartedly! I am also hourglass and my weight is lost pretty evenly and the last spot I gain weight is my waist. Genetics also play a big part but body shape can pretty much sum up how you gain and lose it. :)
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm a typical hourglass aparently and the belly is usualy place that gets flat fastest. Skin in those places suffers due to that I thiink. Its much less elastic than the bouncy skin on my hips/thighs o.O

I wouldnt dare to suggest tho that hourglass body type loses belly fat the fastest , just my own experience,

Impressive weight loss!! Congratulations!
  • mann17
    mann17 Posts: 15
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noDkFXX5r2Q
    8min cardio i like it because you can do it at home and outdoors :)
  • bclever13
    Options

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

You must think a lot of yourself....applause...I don't appreciate your little comment....chill Mr Hollywood :)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I understand everyone has a different take on these postings...I however will not take crap from anyone ...I will consider what people say and constructive criticism but read the fine lines ...I SAD ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR....big difference....read the post more carefully....I am Certified Health Coach ...thank you :)
    So only enriched wheat? So the Wheat Belly book really isn't what you abide by?

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

You must think a lot of yourself....applause...I don't appreciate your little comment....chill Mr Hollywood :)
    If it's so true, then any country that consumes a lot of wheat should be overweight and obese correct? Or is it just selective?

IDEA Fitness member
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    If thats where you carry the most fat, that will be the last to go!
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member
    Just a quick note:

China
    India
    Russia

These 3 countries consume more wheat than the US. And of course they are suffering from having an overweight population and obesity. Just sayin'

IDEA Fitness member
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I am pear shaped and the first place I lose the weight is on my belly! I should say I am lucky cause I get my curves back very soon! I quit eating white carbs for a week and all my belly fat is gone! I guess it's more of water retention for me than fat! :)