Fed up!!!!!

Options
Any ideas? I'm currently at 149lb and I'm trying to get below 140lb and it'ssoooo hard. I gain and lose the same 7lb each month. I am on the verge of giving up and to make it worse I'm having a fat day today. What should I do?

Replies

• frogface
    frogface Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have you tried upping your cadio?
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    Ask anyone who has lost the last 10lb and they will ALL tell you the same thing; it was a NIGHTMARE!

Your body wants to have a certain amount of fat for rainy days and it seems to like 10lb of it. The fact you're losing and gaining at least proves your eating right because you're not in starvation mode.

Cardio really is the very best way of burning off that last 10lb but I had to really ramp up my exercises to get that 10lb off. I went from 30 minutes a day to 1-2 hours a day purely on the treadmill or elliptical. I also had to cut out some foods I REALLY didn't want to; mainly bread and red meats but all that combined did the trick.

To lose that 10lb you have to really restrict what's going in you whilst making sure you maximize the fat burning after a workout by eating the right things.

It is really hard but you've come really close so you can't quit now :flowerforyou:

Add me as a friend if you need some support :smile:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Any ideas? I'm currently at 149lb and I'm trying to get below 140lb and it'ssoooo hard. I gain and lose the same 7lb each month. I am on the verge of giving up and to make it worse I'm having a fat day today. What should I do?

You and I are in the same boat. Those last few "vanity" pounds hang on for a long time as our body is in the "healthy weight" zone. Have you lessened your goals to maybe just losing half a pound a week instead of 1 or 2? Maybe if you up your calorie intake just a little bit, your body will realize that you still love it and that you will constantly keep it healthy, and it will slowly give up it's "blankie" (fat). That's what I'm trying and it is working a little bit. I wish you well.