Creams, lotions and potions

Options
2»

Replies

• LisaWilliams93
    Options
    Hi,

I use olay cleanser and toner then olay original beauty fluid (moisturiser) on face and body... It smells yum and my skin is baby soft from head to toe ;)
  • wagonblaster
    wagonblaster Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try raw shea butter and coconut oil for starters. Raw shea butter is amazing on all of the skin, and you can get it almost anywhere. Coconut oil smells like coconut of course, but is great all over, except the face. I love LUSH products also. They have wonderful organic all natural stuff....and no animal testing. Whoot!
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Xmoiyax....very good advice.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Sorry to disagree but body lotion is definitely not designed to use in your face and REALLY not meant to be used around the eyes.

While I don't really think both night and day creams are necessary before 35, a SPF moisturizer is a MUST from teenage years ( and I've been using a " contour des yeux" since I turned 25 as well.

I have not seen any scientific proof of either case. I personally have not had any problems with putting lotion over my whole body, face and eyes included. I use Johnson's baby lotion with shea and cocoa butter. Its just my opinion that most of the beauty products that companies say we MUST have seem like a ploy to buy their wares.

But like I said before, main awesome things for good skin are diet, water intake, and prevention of too much sun exposure. Well, and the whole tanning to look like a burlap bag. I remember that one story of that tanning obsessed woman taking her young daughter to go get a tan. Crazy people I tell ya.
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    Review ~ Garnier Intensive 7 Days Body Lotion

Hi! So this is my first ever post (not including my introduction post) and I have decided to do a review on a great new product I have been using, I hope you enjoy it.

The Product

The Garnier Intensive 7 Days body lotion, which I tried in the shea butter edition (this one is for dry to extra-dry skin), is avaliable in many different editions and 2 sizes of 250ml and 400ml.

This product makes quite a few promises. It claims to keep your skin hydrated for up to seven days, however this is after you use it twice a day for 4 weeks, which personally I, and many others, don't have time for. It also claims "Immediatly, rough skin is relieved and dramtically softened. Skin is optimally hydrated for 4 hours." Plus it is supposed to be fast absorbing, which is a great benefit!

The 400ml bottle*

What Made Me Want To Try It

After seeing this in beauty guru, Zoella's, Boots haul video (which I will link at the end of this post), I decided to give this a go. Thanks to all this "lovely" weather and having the central heating on I was suffering from rather dry skin, especially on my arms, so I thought this could be exactly what I needed.

Straight away I had a lot of hope in the product, which made me rush to the shops to buy it and start using it.

What I Think

I have never liked body lotions or butters much, as I don't like having to awkwardly stand their waiting for them to dry. This is the big reason I specifically wanted to try this body cream, as it was fast absorbing.

My first thought when I tried it was how nice it smelt! It obviously smells of shea, but it also smelt slightly of almond and coconut, so a very nice fresh scent.

When I first put it on in the evening, it absorbed very quickly, which was great, and my skin did feel slightly softer, however nothing dramtic. When I woke up in the morning and felt my arms, they were so soft, the cream had obviously done its magical work during the night, which I was very pleased about!

Following my first try with the product I have used it every day or two, and it has done wonders to my skin. My skin is now better, and softer, than it originally was!

This is now one of my favourite products to use on my skin, and I suggest that anyone else with dry skin tries it, because it really works!
  • garrisonwife
    garrisonwife Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump! ;-)
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Shea butter..... keeps me glowing & soft & tight all day.
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I use Burt's Bee's Baby Bee multipurpose oinment right after the shower. It's safe to use on your face too. I rarely have to reapply during the day!
  • jakeVScalories
    jakeVScalories Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Does any one have a good lotion/potion/cream that is good to keep skin looking and feeling fresh?

hahaha. This is too easy.