Does the 30 day shred work?

Options
13»

Replies

• Mrs_Charisma
    Options
    Yes!!!! Yes!!! Yes!!!!! I am about to start round 2 of it....I did it in Jan and I absolutely loved the results! I didn't lose a lot of weight but the inches lost were amazing!!!!!

I'm starting round 2 too! Are you joining the group?
  • mclay12
    mclay12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!! Yes!!! Yes!!!!! I am about to start round 2 of it....I did it in Jan and I absolutely loved the results! I didn't lose a lot of weight but the inches lost were amazing!!!!!

I will look for the group now! Thx
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    Yes, the 30DS does work! I'm on day 5 of Level 3, I wasn't going to take my measurements till day 30 but snuck a peek, I have lost 9" total in my mid-section!

It's a lot of hard work but worth it!! :happy:
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It took me the month of February to do 10 days of level 1. But can't seem to do level 2 it is too hard :-(
  • menlewi
    menlewi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i did the 30 day shred everyday with a 1200-1400 calorie plan and lost about 1/2 a pound after each 10 day level and some centimeters from my measurments. I did Zumba for 30 days with the same calorie plan and lost more or less 2 pounds after each 10 days. i stick with Zumba, Insanity and cardio classes at the gym.
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    Options

I would love to join this group as well! Can you send me the info? I just started my 2nd round last night (did it in Nov/early Dec last year)
  • Mrs_Charisma
    Options

I would love to join this group as well! Can you send me the info? I just started my 2nd round last night (did it in Nov/early Dec last year)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12548-30-day-shred-starting-march-1st
  • knottyrye
    knottyrye Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2 of level 2 and it is DEFINITELY working for me! I have lost 3 lbs which would be discouraging if I was only going by the scale, but in the past 12 days (didn't measure today) I have lost 11.5 INCHES total! I am totally amazed at my body and am pushing myself hard. I can't wait to finish up and start Ripped in 30!
  • melissandra
    melissandra Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just completed Day 12, ( Day 2 Level 2) I love that its only 25 mins because lately I just haven't had the emotional drive to workout for more than that. I cant wait to take my after photos after the 30 days and see for myself. =)
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I didn't lose weight while doing it, but I lost inches. It definitely is awesome.
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    It works IF you combine it with a calorie deficit. It's mostly cardio in my opinion. The "strength" aspect of it is negligible, but better than nothing.

It made my knees hurt after a couple of weeks, so I stopped it. Apparently all that jumping around isn't for everyone. I've had better results with heavy lifting, but I've seen lots of great 30DS success stories. :)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Oh yes my dear.. it works.. I used to be a HUGE skeptic of weight loss and fitness in general. Always thought that some of us were just born thin and had high metabolisms while the rest of us didn't. I didn't know how to control my eating.. 30 Day Shred gave me hope and a jumpstart into a lifestyle I plan on maintaining for life.

Here are my results from doing 30DS for almost 2 months:

SW: 181lbs
    Starting Body Fat %: 31.9%
    CW: 168.5 lbs
    Current Body Fat %: 25%

From Jan 1 to Feb 24:
    19593344_7257.jpg

GREAT job!

Thanks!! :)
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Oh my yes! I started doing it on the days i couldn't get to the gym...so maybe did 7 work outs total.....but now im determined to do the whole 30 days...By Just doing the odd days i already saw a great change...Remember this is not for weight loss...although it will come...but this workout is planned to build lean muscle and that's why you see such an amazing result in inches...the weight will drop off...but i would highly recommend throwing the scale away for the month! Im going to! :) Yea...Lets get challenged! :) Promise you won't die!
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    yes!! it's tough but its worth it! i've been thinking of starting it again in a week or 2.

34hbcyb.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,682 Member
    Options
    Does the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred work? If so please post pics of your results. Thank you :) and feel free to add me
    Practically any program works if you stick to it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Does the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred work? If so please post pics of your results. Thank you :) and feel free to add me
    Practically any program works if you stick to it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

True Story. Trick is finding one that you will continually challenge yourself with and stick with for the long run.
  • bailann
    bailann Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Will it still work if you dont use weights? I dont have weights

Use soup cans.

I used soup cans, too :) I finally upped to some weights - 2 or 3 pounds would work (5 is too much!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!