Girl Scout Cookies are Evil

Options
Enough said. :)

Replies

• Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Evilly delicious!! Good thing my DH hasn't brought any home!
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    We have 4 boxes here!!!!!!! I have been trying to avoid them at all costs. I even put one box into my bf's lunch to take to work.
  • kelleyannclemons
    kelleyannclemons Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    They sure are! I just had to laugh when I saw this post....and even more when I saw 'Enough said'. A girl at work is selling them, and I have to walk past her desk every day. I have so far been able to successfully ignore the many boxes of thin mints and caramel delights....so far. :grumble:
  • daisy2365
    daisy2365 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So true, luckily I have 3 boys and a husband that devoured the ones I bought =)
  • magiccat32
    Options
    the devil's food
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Honestly, to me they taste cheap. As in lower quality. I'm lucky in that I can't stand Girl Scout cookies. Never could.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    The best way to avoid them is to hold up a crucifix and hiss at the girl scouts on your way in and out of the grocery store.
  • hulahooper17
    Options
    I came to that realization! It was a sad day, because I sold them when I was a Girl Scout and got to eat all the cookies I wanted with no weight gain. le sigh. I think of dessert as an investment now, and if I'm eating it, it better be satisfying and damn good. Three Do Si Dos and you're done? What?
  • gdb86
    gdb86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Someone came to work with them tonight and it took every ounce of me not to indulge. ;)
  • PrettyandPolished
    PrettyandPolished Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a girl scout. Instead of buying them for the house we donate to troops and the local homeless shelters. It saves us the calories and feels good to do something nice and help my DDs troop.
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love thin mints. I was so good avoided them everywhere. Until my son brought some for me. Decided to eat them two at a time. For two day only 4 per day. 2 in am and 2 in pm. Gave rest to ky daughter and co workers. They were awesome but now I crave sugar. Time to get strict and get away from the sugar.
  • babyskunkles
    babyskunkles Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You all sound like you are doing a good job of avoiding those things. I decided to do a 1 day indulge. I ate half a box of tag alongs, then gave the rest to a guy in the office. A ridiculous binge? Yes, but I did it and I was done. I think that if I would not have done it, I would still be obsessing over them. They are EVERYWHERE!
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I don't buy them because I can kill a whole box in a day. Love samoas and thin mints. I did find a paleo version which I'm going to try some time!
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    DO NOT BUY THEM. I havent bought them in years. just dont do it. if they were in my house i would eat them all.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Omgosh...someone told me to microwave a Samoa for like 15 secs.

Best.Evil.Thing.Ever.

Don't try it. You will eat a whole box of Samoas before you know it!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Donate them to a worthy cause.

<---- worthy cause

Seriously no one even tried to sell me any this year. I love the peanut butter ones. :sad:
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    This is the first year I haven't caved and bought at least 1 box of thin mints. They're selling them everywhere though, it's soooo hard to say no!
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    DO NOT BUY THEM. I havent bought them in years. just dont do it. if they were in my house i would eat them all.

My wife is the "cookie mom" for my daughter's troop this year - I have 2 pallets of them in my garage that I have to sneak past to get to my bench and treadmill. :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I wish they had gluten free versions. I'd love to eat Girl Scout Cookies again! :sad:
  • ntdrive
    ntdrive Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm glad they're available for a limited period of time.