My 6 week challenge

Options

Replies

• NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Hey Jenn I totally know I sound like a broken record but I know I wouldn't have felt good about completing Insanity because I missed so many workouts. That's why I restarted I was fighting it and listening to everyone say keep pushing but it was eating me up feeling like a cheater so this time I want to complete the full 63 days in a row unless something out of my control happens.

The good thing is I feel great and I am able to really hit it harder than ever atleast for mnth 1 :laugh: still in for a treat with mnth 2 so I better take advantage while I can!!!

So week 1 day 2 complete!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Is your fiancé a trainer?
    When are you getting married?
    Gig?….Are you a singer?
    Sorry if Im getting too personal. You can just tell me to back of lady.

Sorry, forgot to answer your questions.

No, Jon is not a trainer, but he has transformed his own body and kinda knows what he is doing. So I let him help me and it worked. LOL
    August 28, 2010 is our wedding date. Less than 3 months away. AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    Yes, I am a singer. I so love to entertain people. This is actually my very first ever band and it is a lot of fun. :bigsmile:

Not too personal at all. I don't mind answering questions. :wink:

Wow so not only a 1/2 marathon but a wedding also you really have some wonderful things to look foward to Keep hitting it hard!!! Your doing an awesome job!!
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Hey Jenn I totally know I sound like a broken record but I know I wouldn't have felt good about completing Insanity because I missed so many workouts. That's why I restarted I was fighting it and listening to everyone say keep pushing but it was eating me up feeling like a cheater so this time I want to complete the full 63 days in a row unless something out of my control happens.

The good thing is I feel great and I am able to really hit it harder than ever atleast for mnth 1 :laugh: still in for a treat with mnth 2 so I better take advantage while I can!!!

So week 1 day 2 complete!!

Didn't you also say a friend is doing it with you? That is also motivation to continue to push through and finish. I know you can do it. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Wow so not only a 1/2 marathon but a wedding also you really have some wonderful things to look foward to Keep hitting it hard!!! Your doing an awesome job!!

I am just doing my best and forgetting the rest. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Day 9-Strength training. I also added in 25 mins of BBL Bum Bum Live. I had not done that one yet and I really liked it. I tried to push it hard on the strength training and I could tell that I did because my arms were weak when I was done. That is a good sign I pushed to the max. It felt really good to do. I am starting to see a little definition in my arms and I really like that. I am not really looking to muscle up, more than I am toning. On my strength training days, I am concentrating on upper body since the rest of the week is all about the legs.

I didn't mention this before, guess I just forgot. This weekend when we went grocery shopping I asked if I could look for a couple pair of shorts or capris. Since I don't normally wear shorts. Well, I found a pair of capris and shorts and guess what. They are both a size 10. WHOOOHOOO!!! I have not worn a size 10 since High School. And I really like my shorts. They don't ride up my leg like they did back in the day. If you know what I mean. That is why I stopped wearing them. These fit perfectly and don't move. LOVE THEM!!!

Band practice got over early last nite, so I went and watched Jon practice for a softball game and I even got to hit the ball out to the guys a couple of times. I don't hit really hard, but I did actually hit it. LOL They were actually short a couple of girls, so they put me out in the first inning as the catcher. I was kinda nervous I was going to make a fool of myself, but I didn't thankfully. LOL I could even throw the ball back to the pitcher without throwing it over his head or having him run after the ball. It was kinda fun. So, I asked Jon when he got home from the game if they wouldn't mind me playing with them next Tuesday. I may not be very good, but it would be a different type of exercise. So, we will see what happens.

Have a great day everyone. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Day 10-Rest day. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT, REST??? LOL Of course, I didn't rest. I got in the sneak peak for TurboFire, there was no way I was going to wait an entire day to try it. It may have only been 17 mins long, but it was a great workout. Can't wait to do it again to perfect the moves. Definitely fast pace. Loved it, can't wait for the entire program to kick my bootie.

Did have band practice last nite and it went really well. We created a strong set list for this weekend's gig. We are not getting paid for this gig, it is for the Musician's Memorial for all local and famous musician's who have gone before their time. It is definitely for a great cause. I just hope Mina (drama queen) acts appropriately. UGH!!! :bigsmile:
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have been crazy busy and have not gotten a chance to post my updates in a bit. I had to take my husband to the hospital this weekend. He had to be admitted overnight due to dehydration, but he is better now. He had been throwing up and wasn't sure if it was the Crohns or due the treatment for the Crohn's. Turns out the inflammation in his GI tract has gone down significantly since his last scan, which means the medicine for the Crohn's is working. It also means that the treatment must be what is causing his nausea and vomitting. They prescribed him some pretty hard core anti nausea medicine, which seems to be working, and he is doing much better. He is finally able to eat 3 square meals a day. His other side-effects from the Humira seem to be diminishing with time. So overall good news on his front.

Day 6- ended up not working out due to the weather and my exhaustion.

Day 7 - I had a great run/ walk. This may sound lame, but I was super excited because I managed to run for 1 minute/ walk for 4 for the entire workout. I set an alarm on my phone and whenever it would go off I would hit snooze, start running, and run for 1 minute. Then walk until it went off again. Before, now I would struggle to run for one minute, then would not be able to catch my breath fully for another 7 minutes. I feel like i am improving rapidly. which is a great feeling

Day 8- I intended to atleast get a walk in but I was in the hospital all day. Atleast I still stuck to my diet.

Day 9 - I did Krav Maga. I feel like I got a great workout.

Day 10- No workout, just pure laziness.

Day 11- Had a great run/ walk today. I did the same thing I did last time I ran except for I went a bit further total.

I also stayed within my calories most of these days. I think I went over by 300 one day, but the rest of the time I was right on the money. Doing good again today. I need to get into better exercise habits, but I have been going every other day atleast.
  • belldandy1
    Options
    I posted this question on the main fitness thread, and I only got one response so I thought I would try it here. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Okay so I am trying to get on a daily workout schedule. I am training for a 5K and therefore want to run atleast 3 days a week. I would prefer to workout every day if possible because it makes me feel good, and gives me more calories to eat.

This is what I have tentatively planned.

Monday - Krav Maga
    Tuesday - Run/Walk
    Wednesday- Krav Maga
    Thursday- Run/ Walk
    Friday- Walk or Run/Walk
    Saturday - Run/Walk
    Sunday- Walk or Rest

Krav Maga is a martial art. This class usually consists of a 10 to 15 minute "warm-up" which consists of high intensity cardio and some resistance moves. Some of the resistance moves we do include lunges, sumo-squats, regular squats, wall-squats, planks, sit-ups, leg-raises, crunches, and most of all push-ups. We do not always do all of these moves, usually just a few of them, but we almost always do push-ups. Then for the rest of the class we work on various self defense moves. I am always sore from this class. Usually in my arms from all the punching and push-ups, sometimes in the legs as well. My question is do I need to add resistance training to my workout regime. I don't think I could do any more than two days of strength training on top of Krav Maga. Also, I have noticed if I do leg moves like squats and lunches it makes it harder for me to keep my pace up during my run/walk because my legs are so tired. Can I put-off the lower body strength moves until my body becomes accustomed to running, and just focus on my upper body and core moves? Any ideas on what to add to my regime? Any feedback at all is much appreciated.

Sorry for the long post.

Jennifer, I know you have experience with putting workout regimes together, so if you could retool this to make it better in any way I would appreciate it. Thanks guys!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Day 10-Rest day. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT, REST??? LOL Of course, I didn't rest. I got in the sneak peak for TurboFire, there was no way I was going to wait an entire day to try it. It may have only been 17 mins long, but it was a great workout. Can't wait to do it again to perfect the moves. Definitely fast pace. Loved it, can't wait for the entire program to kick my bootie.

Did have band practice last nite and it went really well. We created a strong set list for this weekend's gig. We are not getting paid for this gig, it is for the Musician's Memorial for all local and famous musician's who have gone before their time. It is definitely for a great cause. I just hope Mina (drama queen) acts appropriately. UGH!!! :bigsmile:

You rock and I am getting amped about Turbo Fire from hearing everyone else talk about it!!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Day 11-2 mile run. Okay, for some reason I had a really hard time finding my breathe. UGH!!! I really thought I had it down. I would slow down and speed up and try to breath to the beat of my feet. Nothing really seemed to work. I guess practice makes perfect. On a good note, I ran 10:04 per mile. That is the fastest I have ever done a mile. Hopefully tomorrow nite I can do that again. I got my new insoles in this week, so I was able to use them tonite and guess what???? No blisters!!!! WHOOOHOOO!!! My feet are so happy. :love: They so love these new insoles. So, tomorrow is 3 miles and strength training and Sunday is my long run, 4 miles. Next Saturday will be my first 5 mile run and I am actually racing with other people. I know I can, I know I can. I did run into a guy that I use to see a lot at the "Y" and he said that he is running in it as well. I hope I am faster than he is. LOL We shall see.

Have a happy Friday everybody. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    You rock and I am getting amped about Turbo Fire from hearing everyone else talk about it!!

Here is the link to it. Let me know if you have any questions after watching it. I would love to help.

http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/jjtonic75?bctid=82703972001
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I have been crazy busy and have not gotten a chance to post my updates in a bit. I had to take my husband to the hospital this weekend. He had to be admitted overnight due to dehydration, but he is better now. He had been throwing up and wasn't sure if it was the Crohns or due the treatment for the Crohn's. Turns out the inflammation in his GI tract has gone down significantly since his last scan, which means the medicine for the Crohn's is working. It also means that the treatment must be what is causing his nausea and vomitting. They prescribed him some pretty hard core anti nausea medicine, which seems to be working, and he is doing much better. He is finally able to eat 3 square meals a day. His other side-effects from the Humira seem to be diminishing with time. So overall good news on his front.

Day 6- ended up not working out due to the weather and my exhaustion.

Day 7 - I had a great run/ walk. This may sound lame, but I was super excited because I managed to run for 1 minute/ walk for 4 for the entire workout. I set an alarm on my phone and whenever it would go off I would hit snooze, start running, and run for 1 minute. Then walk until it went off again. Before, now I would struggle to run for one minute, then would not be able to catch my breath fully for another 7 minutes. I feel like i am improving rapidly. which is a great feeling

Day 8- I intended to atleast get a walk in but I was in the hospital all day. Atleast I still stuck to my diet.

Day 9 - I did Krav Maga. I feel like I got a great workout.

Day 10- No workout, just pure laziness.

Day 11- Had a great run/ walk today. I did the same thing I did last time I ran except for I went a bit further total.

I also stayed within my calories most of these days. I think I went over by 300 one day, but the rest of the time I was right on the money. Doing good again today. I need to get into better exercise habits, but I have been going every other day atleast.

I am so glad that your husband is doing better. Prayers are headed your way.

It sounds like you did really well with your workouts even with your husband in the hospital. You are sounding more and more like a die hard, that is awesome. Keep up the great work.

Have you heard of the program Couch to 5k? It is a free program and it will teach you how to do intervals to get up to either 30 mins of continuous running or a 5k (3.1 miles). If you are wanting to learn to run more, it would definitely help. That is what I started out with. it is a great program. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Belldandy-I did see your post. It was kinda late when I read it. I will give you a response tomorrow on what you might be able to do. Have a great nite and I will talk to you tomorrow. :bigsmile:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    My first 5k is in the morning!!! I am very excited to see how I do my goal is to jog the whole thing without stopping I will let you guys know!
  • belldandy1
    Options
    My first 5k is in the morning!!! I am very excited to see how I do my goal is to jog the whole thing without stopping I will let you guys know!

That is so exciting! Just think of how far you have come to make it to this point. I am sure that you will be able do the whole thing without walking. Good luck!
  • Iffer75
    Options

Just remember to have fun with it no matter what. Good luck to you. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Okay so I am trying to get on a daily workout schedule. I am training for a 5K and therefore want to run atleast 3 days a week. I would prefer to workout every day if possible because it makes me feel good, and gives me more calories to eat.

This is what I have tentatively planned.

Monday - Krav Maga
    Tuesday - Run/Walk
    Wednesday- Krav Maga
    Thursday- Run/ Walk
    Friday- Walk or Run/Walk
    Saturday - Run/Walk
    Sunday- Walk or Rest

Krav Maga is a martial art. This class usually consists of a 10 to 15 minute "warm-up" which consists of high intensity cardio and some resistance moves. Some of the resistance moves we do include lunges, sumo-squats, regular squats, wall-squats, planks, sit-ups, leg-raises, crunches, and most of all push-ups. We do not always do all of these moves, usually just a few of them, but we almost always do push-ups. Then for the rest of the class we work on various self defense moves. I am always sore from this class. Usually in my arms from all the punching and push-ups, sometimes in the legs as well. My question is do I need to add resistance training to my workout regime. I don't think I could do any more than two days of strength training on top of Krav Maga. Also, I have noticed if I do leg moves like squats and lunches it makes it harder for me to keep my pace up during my run/walk because my legs are so tired. Can I put-off the lower body strength moves until my body becomes accustomed to running, and just focus on my upper body and core moves? Any ideas on what to add to my regime? Any feedback at all is much appreciated.

Jennifer, I know you have experience with putting workout regimes together, so if you could retool this to make it better in any way I would appreciate it. Thanks guys!

Are you using the C25K program to train for your 5k? You really only need to run 3 days a week to start, to get your body use to running. It does sound like your body is enjoying the running, that is great.

On weight training, you can add some upper body strength on your running days. That is actually what I do. I don't want to over do my legs after a run of any kind. They are already getting in a pretty good workout pounding the pavement. You may want to do some core moves to strengthen your core and breathing and do upper body strength. I have been doing that for about 2 weeks now and my body is responding really well to it.

Do you have access to a gym or a machine at home to do weights? If this sounds good to you, let me know and I can suggest some upper body moves that will tone. That is my main goal with my upper body now and it seems to be working. You should see my back. I have nice muscles there now. It is really kewl.

This Krav Maga sounds really interesting. Keep up the good work with it. Let me know if you have any other questions, I would love to help you. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Okay, here is my challenge for the next week. NO CHEATING!!!!!!!!! These last two days have not been the best, but I know I can get out of this really stupid rutt. I need to not give in to my yearnings for bad things. I have also decided that if I do HAVE to cheat, I will only get one serving of whatever I want and be happy with that. Instead of getting a bunch and inhaling it. LOL

What is your challenge for the weekend? Let me know and we can help each other through it. I KNOW WE CAN DO THIS!!! NO DOUBT IN MY MIND!!! :bigsmile:
  • belldandy1
    Options
    Jennifer,

Thanks for the advice! I would love for you to suggest some core and upper body strength moves. Just to clarify, you do think it is okay to lay off the lower body strength training all together for right now, right?

I do plan to use the Couch 2 5K program. I tried it once and could not make it through the first day at all. I was out of breath the whole time. I have weak little lungs. I do think it is a great program though. What I am doing right now, I consider pre-Couch 2 5K. I plan to start C25K on July 5th. This will give me 10 complete weeks to finish the program before my 5K. I feel like I am moving at a good pace, and running is getting progressively easier.

One thing I would like to know is it bad for me to run on consecutive days? I feel fine for the most part running every day. I would like to do some form of cardio every day, except for maybe one rest day a week. If not running, what lower impact workout would you suggest? Thanks so much for your patience with me oh fitness guru!
  • belldandy1
    Options
    My challenge for the next week will also be no cheating. I have pretty good diet wise, but I would like to go a whole week only eating good clean food. My other challenge will be to add in some strength training two maybe three days a week. I also think I am going to start swimming with my husband. My husband's doctor just told him today that he should start swimming because it will help with his joint pain. Sounds like something fun that we can do together.