I Ran 5K!!!!

Options
mom2tbk
mom2tbk Posts: 7 Member
So this is my first post ever (in the whopping 50 days I've been using MFP!! LOL). Anyway, I started training to run a 5k in prep for an event coming in August. Well, one week shy of two months I FINALLY DID IT!! With sickness and an injured MCL in the process, I finally ran 5k! I just couldn't be happier! Just had to share... :)

Replies

• MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    You Are the Woman! You go Girl!
  • JustMQ
    JustMQ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I remember my first 5K... it felt amazing!! Don't stop, you will begin to really love running :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    you caught the running bug now. Welcome!!!!:drinker:
  • res119
    res119 Posts: 27
    Options
    That's so amazing! Congratulations! I am training for my first ever 5k right now. Just curious, how in shape were you starting out? I am so out of shape and I am hoping to run my first in two months like you just did!

Really though, what an accomplishment. You should be so proud of yourself!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You're awesome. =)
  • Alarista
    Alarista Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you!!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You did it! Great job!
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!! :D Congrats to you!!

I'm also training for my first 5k... lol, mudrun!! So excited!
  • katies2boys
    katies2boys Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's great!!
  • mom2tbk
    mom2tbk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's so amazing! Congratulations! I am training for my first ever 5k right now. Just curious, how in shape were you starting out? I am so out of shape and I am hoping to run my first in two months like you just did!

I was a couch potato before (and 60 pounds overweight!!)... I followed the C25K (couch to 5k) program. It's a great running/walking combo until you get to the 5k mark. I also like some of their 6-8 week schedules to do some power running... like one week was run 5 min, walk 3, run for 8, walk 3, run 5... in the 5 minute intervals I would ramp up my speed so I could recover in the 3 min walk and then run my normal pace for the 8. And thank you... I do feel great!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Awesome! Now on to the 10k!!!
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep it going! Maybe an 8k next?
  • graisanen
    graisanen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats....it is addicting. I'm 45, I'd never been a runner at all in my life until a year ago--started training for a 5K, ran one last May, and now I've participated in 17 running events since that one. You go girl.....the "fun" has only begun !!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • res119
    res119 Posts: 27
    Options

I was a couch potato before (and 60 pounds overweight!!)... I followed the C25K (couch to 5k) program. It's a great running/walking combo until you get to the 5k mark. I also like some of their 6-8 week schedules to do some power running... like one week was run 5 min, walk 3, run for 8, walk 3, run 5... in the 5 minute intervals I would ramp up my speed so I could recover in the 3 min walk and then run my normal pace for the 8. And thank you... I do feel great!!

That is so encouraging to hear because I am following the C25K program too!!! I am about to start my second week and you have just given me so much motivation, so thank you!

I can't wait to feel as great as you do!
  • madteacha
    madteacha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Huge congrats - that's awesome! I too ran my very first 5k organised event today - it's a great feeling of achievement aye!
  • mom9198
    mom9198 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go. Keep up the good work. Congratulations!
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    FKN A
  • Stanski21
    Stanski21 Posts: 42
    Options
    Well done! I know how amazing it feels. Trust me, it gets better.

I ran my first 5K over hills just 6 months ago, in a reasonable time of 34 mins. I had been a little overweight but quite unhealthy. Drinking, smoking and eating lots of unhealthy food.

Since then, I've run more and more, getting faster and faster.

Yesterday I ran just shy of 14 Km; 80 mins! Suffering today but WOW it felt so good!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!