Do I need to adjust my calorie intake for INSANITY

Options
Im currently on my 10th day of insanity. There has been no noticeable weight loss (scales wise) however I do feel leaner and trimmer.

Im 29 5ft 7" Male. I weight exactly 11 stone.

Im consuming around 1300-1700 calories a day. and Im really giving my all in the workouts. Do I need to adjust anything or should I just trust that everything will fall into place as the workout goes along. ?

Replies

• calisunrise
    calisunrise Posts: 307
    Options
    yes. eat more. a man should at least have 1500 calories a day (while sedentary). so have at least 1800
  • accoladeuk
    Options
    Im guessing by eating more that will speed up my metabolism and help me lose weight quicker ?
  • rendonjr
    rendonjr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    dude, you should be getting shredded at that rate of calorie intake. Based on your height, weight and age, with sedentary tendencies your TDEE is around 2000 calories a day. if your doing insanity and eating around 1500 you should be dropping like crazy. you need to re evaluate what your eating and how your tracking it. If you are tracking correctly you really need to take a tape measure to yourself. If you are not losing weight but measurement are going down then you are losing some fat. BTW, you can eat more as cali suggested but you didnt give us your nutrient mix. Protein%, Fat%, Carb%.
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Eat well put your settings at maintenance or 1/2 loss at most if you want to lose weight ! see what happens to your goal calories :smile:
  • accoladeuk
    Options
    Im basically having the 5 meal breaks a day.

Breakfast is typically Crunch Bran.

I have a yogurt and fruit snack mid morning.

Normally, tuna, chicken , turkey, Soup, Salad, fruit for lunch.

Mid afternoon snack. Bagel, Fruit etc.

Dinner a healthy meal.

Oh I do have a low fat chocolate milkshake directly after my workout as a recovery drink,

according to my fitness pal my stats for yesterday were %61 carbs 22% protien 17%fat
  • cairee
    cairee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    ditch the chocolate milkshake unless its a protien shake, drop the bagel. you should be aiming for a 40-20-40 caloric ratio.
    make sure the carbs you are taking are complex carbs like whole grain bread and pasta, brown rice, etc. fruit is healthy and yummy but also high in sugar, sub some of the fruit for veggies instead.
  • accoladeuk
    Options
    Ok thank you :)

I'll try that today. I've already had my shake today. But I'll ditch the bagel today and will do the same with the shake tomorrow.
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You could join the group on here called eat, train and progress, and get great info and advice
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm a 5'5" female and I upped my cals. to 1800 (ate all my exercise cals. back) and lost over 1 lb. per week when I did Insanity. Fuel the fire!
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    ditch the chocolate milkshake unless its a protien shake, drop the bagel. you should be aiming for a 40-20-40 caloric ratio.
    make sure the carbs you are taking are complex carbs like whole grain bread and pasta, brown rice, etc. fruit is healthy and yummy but also high in sugar, sub some of the fruit for veggies instead.

Don't us caloric ratios, they do not work. your body does not record percentages. Everyone has a amount of protein and an amount of fat the the body requires daily. As for carbs there is not a set amount. You should focus on getting your protein and fats met for the day then calculate how many carbs can fill up your caloric goal whether you are in a deficit or trying to maintain or even gain weight. Everyone is different and has a certain requirement for protein and fat based of LBM and total mass.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/911011-calculating-calorie-macronutrient-needs