If you were forced to eat at Red Robin what would you get?

Options

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    They can use lettuce in place of a bun for any sandwich, and there are also veggie patties you can sub in. Have them hold the mayo, too. I get a lettuce-wrapped veggie burger there all the time. Use their nutrition customizer on their website. You might be surprised at the awesome combinations you can fit into your calories.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Not from first hand experience, I would pick SAUTÉED ’SHROOM, hold the Parmesan spreadand Swiss cheese.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Daughter's choice for her bday on Monday. Haven't been there since before I started tracking every bite that goes into my mouth.

What would you get to eat at Red Robin?

I'd allow myself 548 calories for dinner: Chicken Wrap or a Sonoma Turkey Burger (200 calories) + Side dinner salad (89 calories) + Foccacia bread (75 calories) + Chicken tortilla soup (172 calories) with their peach or raspberry iced tea (less than 12 calories).

Edited to add: Appreciate topics like these, granted the last like-eatery I'd been to was Sharky's Woodfire Mexican Grill (for I'm more of a home prepped person), it is a worthy practice to consider - What to have, from the variety available at such casual dining venues.
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions... especially going to the website and deciding in advance!
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Burning love burger... And all of the French fries
  • Razzlebari
    Razzlebari Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    As a former RR employee that lost weight while working there, if I HAD to get something there for dinner, I'd order the small ensenada chicken platter without the spicy rub on the chicken, and nix out the tort strips on the salad. Ask for extra salsa and, if you need it, non fat ranch (instead of the baja ranch). That takes a massive calorie meal and turns it into under 400. No milkshakes, friend!
  • whooter
    whooter Posts: 47
    Options
    The Ensenada Chicken platter is a ridiculous amount of food for very low calories. And tasty, too!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Chicken Ensensada Platter one breast - but their website has great nutritional info.
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt be forced to eat anything I didn't want, but I love Red Robin and would eat what I wanted :)
  • sleepygirl38
    sleepygirl38 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I go there alot actually. I cut my burger in half and put half the fries in a box and save that for leftovers for lunch later. Or I get buzzard wings without the sauce and just eat the veggies with it
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    One if their amazing burger, not sure which one off the top of my head though. A beer or 3, and mutha****in onion rings!!!
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    A burger. A big one. I'd enjoy it and not worry.

And fries, and beer.

This minus the beer.

I tried their Turkey burger once, it's disgusting compared to the Jenie O ones I make at home.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Just go to their website and find something that you can fit into your calories. It does look like it might make it an otherwise skimpy food day, but do your best. We can't all be perfect all the time!

http://www.redrobin.com/faq

This!!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

And fries, and beer.

This minus the beer.

I tried their Turkey burger once, it's disgusting compared to the Jenie O ones I make at home.

Jennie-O has BHA in it.. I am very unhappy as I just bought a bunch of their turkey sausage and didn't know that. I've been avoiding stuff like that and it just didn't even cross my mind to check. Oh well.. lesson learned.. I will have to eat it and never buy it again. (I do not throw out food! LOL)

Oh and +++ to the beer
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    I always get the natural burger- lettuce, tomato- it comes with a slice of cantelope instead of fries.

yeah, I love the natural burger!
    I love the fries, too, but I will put about 7 on my plate and just eat those. It's really enough.
    OH - and the skinny margarita there is so good! Around 100 cals and very tasty.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    If I eat out, I get what I want most. I would understand someone who eats out regularly, wanting to be uber mindful, but I think that people should still be able to go out to eat, and order what they want sometimes, without being anal about every calorie and fat gram. It is a once a year event. One meal is not going to kill you. You can just adjust the calories for the rest of the week slightly. I have been down the route of choosing an item based purely on trying to keep calories low, and ended up not enjoying myself much and feeling somewhat miserable since I don't eat out often and eat pretty basic meals when at home on my own.

So what if someone consumes a 2000 calorie meal once in a while. God, life is short enough as it is, you could get knocked down by a bus tomorrow, with the last thought on your mind being 'I wish I had had that juicy burger instead of that salad that I tried to convince myself was just as good, but was actually boring as all heck'.
  • sleepyotter
    sleepyotter Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I swoon for their Chicken Tortilla Soup. By itself, it's not that bad (~560 calories for a bowl, which could be a meal on its own), but I always get suckered into helping somebody finish their fries. I also have a terrible weakness for their mozzarella sticks, which I know is a terrible decision, but if it's a special occasion, spring for something overindulgent!
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Cut back on other things if you are worried about one day, but enjoy your daughter's birthday. One burger will not do any serious damage. Neither will the cake you enjoy after.

^^^ LOVE this!!! And please don't forget about the yummy yummy fries there...oh just so good.

Now one thing you can do is ask for the petite burger, it is basically the kid size burger.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I am looking at the nutrition calculator on their site, and am I doing something wrong, or are sweet potato fries really 569 calories? That's higher than the steak fries.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    make it a monster