How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I aim for once a week, but when things are going well, I'm itching to get on the scales every other day. It may also encourage to me to stay accountable and on track.

Replies

• JessTheApple
    Options
    Same, I do it every weekend, on a Monday morning, but for a little boost or to see where I am, I hop on the scale. :)
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel like it, I don't have a schedule. Usually once a day, in the morning... sometimes not.
  • roiLEI1554
    roiLEI1554 Posts: 143
    Options
    every other day usually works for me!
    if i'm having a bad week, i usually stick to once a week

it's different for everyone, so you might have to try a few different methods before getting it!
  • Jane_1705
    Jane_1705 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and record on a Monday. I will only record a weight loss on a Monday if I have seen that weight for a few days leading up. I weigh before eating in the mornings.
    Good luck.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I like to see the fluctuations and trends. If you want to weigh more often than weekly, go for it, just be very aware that weight can fluctuate a lot day-to-day, and don't let that discourage you. Try to look at your average weight over a few days and whether that average is trending downwards or not.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    N E V E R :smile:
  • skidoo1122
    Options
    I record on Friday but sometimes weigh daily. Sometimes not..all depends not schedule but I must log on Fridays.
  • profesorakate
    profesorakate Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    N E V E R :smile:

LOL. Yes. It can become quite an obsession. Plus I don't want to get discouraged by the fluctuations. I also measure - seems to be more indicative of progress than weight.
  • KilannaFit
    Options
    Once a month and I am about 3 days overdue to do my recordings :)
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I weigh myself every day so I can ensure I am staying on track, but I know not to freak out at every fluctuation. I weigh-in once per week.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I record on Fridays. I was stepping on the scale midweek to see progress but I stopped that. I do measurements once a month.
  • Baileys83
    Baileys83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I like to see the fluctuations and trends. If you want to weigh more often than weekly, go for it, just be very aware that weight can fluctuate a lot day-to-day, and don't let that discourage you. Try to look at your average weight over a few days and whether that average is trending downwards or not.

I am here!
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    while I was trying to lose I weighed once a week, on Friday's.
    Except for Thanksgiving week, I weighed on Thursday morning :) Now that I have reached my goal I weigh when ever.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    once a week or once a month
  • Keysted
    Keysted Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Once every week or two. I like to see progress even if it's only a couple of ounces. If I weigh more often it tends to get me down.
  • cameronburns1982
    cameronburns1982 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Monday morning. I think weighing more often than that gives false readings and, if it's worse than you were expecting, it could have a negative impact on your focus for the rest of the week.
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    On the 1st and 15th of each month. Eventually I'm going to stop weighing altogether (whenever I am happy with what I see!)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Every 6 months, I'm overdue ...
  • itsdonna35
    Options
    Every Sunday Morning.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    First thing Sunday morning. I also take measurements at the beginning of each month.