Former fat weakling

Options

Replies

• ladypenel
    ladypenel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    LEDGE.............END! Inspirational, thanks for posting. :)
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic work, you are an inspiration :smile:
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Great personal story and very inspiring. I really believe that internalizing the simplicity and tenacity for this positive way of life is the cornerstone. It is sustainable. You can't ask for anything more.

Thanks for sharing.

Pete
  • cardio_fiend
    Options
    Your transformation is incredible AND you are an amazing and eloquent writer!

Thank you for sharing your story.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Oh, and one final tidbit. If you made it all the way down here, you may have noticed that I didn't mention my body weight from before or after. And the reason is, who cares?! I was fat before - it was obvious. How much did I weigh? Too much. How much do I weight now? About the right amount. Whether the scale happens to say 135 or 185 is rather meaningless.

I like that you don't lock yourself into some BMI category. Great story!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    as long as I'm still alive, I will never be done

Most important lesson there is. When you think you're done is when you start putting weight back on.

Great story. Body For Life was also what first got me interested in fitness. :happy:
  • medeamama
    medeamama Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great job, and inspiring story! I love how your smile grows as you get healthier and stronger!
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    You are the epitome of badassery.

Couldn't say it better than ^this!! ::drinker:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Back for more...um...BACK!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    To close this out, I'd like to pass on a few key things that I think are the essentials to success:
    - You have to want to change and believe that you can change
    - You should work hard but you shouldn't suffer
    - It will take as long as it takes. The time you spend losing weight and getting fit is a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of your life
    - Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit, plain and simple. You can achieve the calorie deficit by counting calories, or you can eat in a way that incidentally puts you in a deficit. Any of these diets you hear of that "work", work because they put the user in a calorie deficit.
    - Exercise increases your fitness level. The point of exercise is strength and fitness, not weight loss
    - Whatever diet or exercise program you follow should be sustainable. Don't go on any hokey crash or fad diets or so-called cleanses that have you malnourishing yourself for a small period of time in the name of "jump starting your weight loss"; Similarly don't go trying to do hours and hours of exercise every day.
    - Simple is better
    Thanks for sharing!

Oh, and one final tidbit. If you made it all the way down here, you may have noticed that I didn't mention my body weight from before or after. And the reason is, who cares?! I was fat before - it was obvious. How much did I weigh? Too much. How much do I weight now? About the right amount. Whether the scale happens to say 135 or 185 is rather meaningless.

edit: some typos, grammar
    LIKE!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats and thanks again for sharing!!
  • bgardiner49
    bgardiner49 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    amazing work! Fantastic results. And I love the summary at the end - will return to it I am sure
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Amazing
  • renwicker
    renwicker Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great story! I'm glad I read the whole thing. A lot of good advice in there.
  • pocodonn
    pocodonn Posts: 27
    Options
    Thank you for providing this level of detail. You are an incredible inspiration!
  • daoc1972
    daoc1972 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    One of the best success stories I've read! Thanks for the inspiration. I need to get on one of those virtuous cycles.
  • pamelalk
    pamelalk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    you look amazing, thank you for writing this, i needed to read this, i have lost 60 pounds, gained back 10 and i am stuggling, because i hate exercise, i am so totally lazy. and i read your story and see your amazing results..i just want to tone, and get healthy , i would love to get healthy by the summer...thank you for sharing you are encouraging
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Outstanding work. It's inspiring to see confirmation of the whole 'we all started somewhere' saying.
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    :heart: this! You've done an amazing job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!