Wanting to make a change and looking for support

Options
Hi. My name is Tammy. I Have battled with my weight most of my life. It is something that has always haunted me and killed my self esteem. I recently downloaded the myfitnesspal app on my phone along with some of my friends. I am really hoping that this will help, and I am looking for all the friends and support I can get. My biggest problem is fast food and sweets. I have a really hard time saying no, and I am also a stress eater. If I am upset or having a bad day, there is nothing better than french fries and chocolate. Not good I know... but it is my crutch. So I would love to hear from anybody and everybody who may also have these problems or may have any advise. I am really wanting to lose weight and be healthy and feel better about myself. Thanks for your time.. Tammy

Replies

• happydispatcher
    happydispatcher Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy! We have allot in common starting with last names (assuming Strickland is your last name?) I have battled with my weight most of my life as well. I have tried tons of diets. I just joined myfitnesspal on Wed of this week. The most recent program I was on was weight watchers. It really worked for me but I couldn't afford it any longer. I too am a stress eater, however I am also an emotional eater. We don't have fastfood where I live but I have my own weaknesses including sweets. I also have times when I am more susceptible to cheat like when I am really tired and don't have anything ready that is healthy. I really need to lose weight not only for health reasons now but to prevent myself from other issues down the road.
  • itsmelynn15
    Options
    You aren't alone. I have the same eating habits as you but I have been here since the beginning of January and I am learning new ways to get my sweets in and healthier fats and carbs. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • tammymichelestrickland
    Options
    @Happy. hhahaha thats funny.. yes last name... We do seem to have a lot in common.. I have also tried tons of diets...and have also tried weight watchers.. That does work.. but 1 I can't afford it.. and 2 it is so time consuming and difficult sometimes to figure out points... The calorie counter seems to be a great tool.. and I like that it has lots of stuff already in there... makes it so much easier... Wishing all of us the best... and just keep at it.... :-)
  • deluda
    deluda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Welcome. We're all here for the same reason......to lose weight. I hope you can eventually control your stress eating. My problem is the opposite. I sometimes find it hard to eat the minimum calories. That can be just as bad as stress eating. Good luck and I'm sure you'll do fine.
  • chilliewillie75
    Options
    I am also a stress eater. Bad day and the diet goes out the window for the first mexican fast food joint i see. Feel free to add me if you need another friend.
  • lozla86
    lozla86 Posts: 77
    Options
    hi all, my name is laura and i too i'm a stress eater, please feel free to add me so we can overcome this together, i log every day x
  • liblobs
    liblobs Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, I need all the help and support I can get and I'm also good at supporting and encouraging others!

I eat healthy food on the whole - but I eat when stressed, sad, happy, bored... I just love food, and am always hungry! I have cut out bread and doing a low carb diet, which is really hard when my husband is roasting chips in their skin, and buying the kids my favourite chocolates! I have over 3 stone to lose so if you need another buddy feel free to add me, I'm going to be here some time! :)
  • MichaelBrewer2634
    MichaelBrewer2634 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. It's great having a support group.
  • 20More
    20More Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi. I am like you, a stress eater on the run. If I stay focused, I do well. Welcome aboard! You can add me as a friend and we can stay accountable togther.
  • didifournierblais
    didifournierblais Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi to you all, my name is Diane and I'm also a stress and emotions eater... For now, I'm so minded that when I have a down, I drink water or take a really small tiny bite on what I'm craving for and it satisfy myself... Maybe not the best idea but instead of being angry and hungry, I prefer to take this tiny bite and stop thinking about it! And it works for now on!!!... Looking for friends for support and motivation before I get a down so feel free to add me.... Together we can do it! :wink: