What things do you refuse to log?

Options

Replies

• MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I log vitamins because I track nutrients on MFP, not just calories. Vitamins drastically change the overall picture even though it has no effect on calories.

Slapping my forehead and saying duh! Great idea! LOL I track nutrients as well but haven't been putting my vitamins in. Will do that for a clearer picture!
  • jadeyq1
    jadeyq1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything that I feel is pretty insignificant ie. sometimes I'll go to the fridge and eat a single crab stick but don't log it. Sometimes I'll have a teaspoon of peanut butter straight out of the jar but don't log it.

I sometimes won't log things that I know have a Weight Watchers point value of 0 such as most fruit and veg and marmite.

That being said, I also aim not to eat any calories I earn through exercise so if I do nibble the odd thing, I'm happy in my mind that it's coming off of my exercise cals.

And lastly, I don't log anything I feel extremely guilty about eating. I know that's complete denial but it doesn't happen often and I hate to ruin my diary!! Hence the reason it doesn't happen often anyway :)
  • krumpli
    krumpli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I don't log gum, spices, herbs, (non-honey) mustard, a splash of vinegar, a squeeze of lemon, a slice of lettuce... or vitamins/medicines. I don't log one stolen french fry or taste of another's food (unless it's like, straight cheese or something. Then I might quick add some calories.). I have had disordered eating the past and this is keeping me sane.

Calorific foods I weigh and log to the gram. Not-so-calorific foods I will be more vague about. Vegetables I generally log by the unit (1 large carrot) or by volume (3 cups lettuce), while more calorific foods I log exactly (107 grams beef, 34 grams cheese, etc.).

I also don't log exercise (1 calorie logs) as I'm doing TDEE-20%.
  • MereExtraordinaire
    MereExtraordinaire Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Eh, I log pretty much everything but spices and gum. I like being able to look back at what I ate and drank on a particular day, even if it was zero calories.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Coffee, I'm confident that would be 1/4 of the diary. Diet soda. Alcohol/mixers. Tea. the bowl full of lettuce I use in my salads. gum. Anything 0 calorie.

But mostly I'm like this person
    I don't log anything anymore. The numbers make me crazy and I don't intend to do it forever anyway so I have to see where my own personal limits are. I am successful anyway and have the best and most supportive friends on this site. :)
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    gum, anything with zero calories, water and most seasonings I use while cooking.
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Ketchup, because the one or two tablespoons I eat a month isn't what made me fat.

Small amounts of things like onions, garlic, peppers, etc, used in cooking a dish when the amount in my single serving would be negligible.

The occasional Life Saver or Tic Tac.

The two or three baby carrots I grab while I'm in the fridge for something else.

For me it's about balance and trusting myself to make sensible choices without worrying about tracking every, single. bite.
  • StacyCond
    StacyCond Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I try to log absolutely everything... except gum (I figure as long as I don't swallow it, it doesn't count).

When I go camping in warmer months, usually I don't log what I eat. I would rather track my mountain biking, hiking, and other miscellaneous activities on Endomondo with my limited phone battery life :).
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything anymore. The numbers make me crazy and I don't intend to do it forever anyway so I have to see where my own personal limits are. I am successful anyway and have the best and most supportive friends on this site. :)

Same for me
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I started logging every single thing I ate or drank, but then I stopped adding the coffee, tea, spices, garlic, etc. Anything under 5 calories generally doesn't get logged, but I'm careful as I know they do add up. I leave a buffer in my calories usually to cover those little things.

I do try to remember to log olive oil when cooking and condiments, as they can make a big hit that you don't even think about. I need to start adding my calcium chews to the list again, as I just noticed they're 20 calories a piece. Had it in my mind they were less than that.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Water and sex :laugh:
  • littlehannahh
    Options
    Gum, and sometimes tea and coffee. I would log sugar and cream in coffee though.
    I sometimes don't log lettuce or celery either... I am not sure about coffee, maybe I should start? Would it make a difference if I logged it in my calories?
  • sillyjeepgirl
    Options
    @ SwimFan - LOL

I don't log things that are 0 calories, such as Apple Cider Vinegar, which I add to my morning smoothie.
    And I don't log gum.

But I try to hold myself accountable for everything I intake.
  • mprat210
    mprat210 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I pretty much log everything except water and vitamins. I don't really chew gum and I don't drink coffee, pop or tea. If I am adding my own recipe, then I enter the spices but if I just add something as I am cooking (like sprinkling something on meat) I do not log those.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I log everything except 0 calories stuff and exercise, because I have no idea how many calories I actually burn doing it.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Water and sex :laugh:

I KNEW I forgot log something.... I started to read nutritional labels and if it's "0" across the board then I don't log it. If it has nutritional value then I log it. There are certain things I'm keeping track of.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Slapping my forehead and saying duh! Great idea! LOL I track nutrients as well but haven't been putting my vitamins in. Will do that for a clearer picture!
    ;-) I didn't have trouble finding mine in the food database.
  • pinalety
    pinalety Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking DeadVim is not too far off the mark....I'm sure his exercise is off setting his alcohol, so this doesn't seem too crazy to me.
    Letty

DeadVim posted:
    Alcohol and exercise.

I know, I know, but this is my world :)
  • gabijadc
    gabijadc Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Tea, olive oil (tbsp ir two while cooking...), I don't log water anymore as well