Colon Cleanse

Options
Hi everyone. I was curious if anyone has done colon cleansing? I was thinking about doing it to remove the toxins, but I'm a little leary. Does it give you the runs? Should the pill be taken at bedtime? I heard on Dr. Oz that using a Raspberry Ketone Extract and a Colon Cleanse pill once a day for 30 days you can lose 28 pounds because it is helping burning the sugar in your blood and also clearing out all the toxins in your body. Has anyone done this? Any advice would be helpful!

Thanks,

Kris

Replies

• andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    What ever dr.oz says don't listen. He is the very definition of quack
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

^^^^this
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    Search the forums for colon cleanse. But the correct answer is DON'T DO IT. That might not be the answer you want, however.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Your butt doesn't come with a cork. It doesn't need popped (or pooped) out.
  • sleepygirl38
    sleepygirl38 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have not done it. I do the advocare products. I am actually on their 10 day cleanse and I do like. However, their products do have alot of caffeine and not approved by the FDA
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options

You ALWAYS make me laugh!
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    /thread
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

^^^^this

^^ Another for this. And you don't need to cleanse. Do a search on here for "cleanse." There is an incredible number of posts about this topic, and the quackery that is out there never fails to amaze me.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    What "toxins" are you talking about? Can you name them?

Your colon doesn't need to be "cleansed." All the stuff you read about undigested food staying in there for months/years is just a bunch of lies designed to make you spend money on the fear monger's product.

Stay hydrated and eat a balanced diet with plenty of fiber. That's the best thing you can do for your colon.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Cleanses are pointless and can be harmful. Don't do it. Let your body do the work.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Anything that is going to clean your colon is going to empty you out, aka: the runs!! How else are you going to clean it out? Your body rids itself of toxins already, that's all a load of fooey. If you eat well, eat clean and don't eat crap, your colon will be just fine. And if you follow Dr. Oz's crap, if you're eating a tonne of slow moving processed crap and then 'clean' your colon, you'll probably loose 28lbs because there is no crap in your colon anymore. Of course when you go back to eating normally again it's going to fill back up again, and you'll not have lost anything.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    What "toxins" are you talking about? Can you name them?

Your colon doesn't need to be "cleansed." All the stuff you read about undigested food staying in there for months/years is just a bunch of lies designed to make you spend money on the fear monger's product.

Stay hydrated and eat a balanced diet with plenty of fiber. That's the best thing you can do for your colon.

^^this
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Your liver and kidneys do the detox for you. Anything else is a waste of time, money and toilet paper. It's unregulated (which I find appalling) and if overused can actually harm you.
  • kris_root_2014
    kris_root_2014 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    LOL!! Thanks guys!! You made me laugh! Thanks for your input! I have been diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome in the past, and just recently have finally had soft stools instead of the runs! Horrible feeling! It has been almost 13 years since I've been diagnosed, so I wasn't sure if anything like that was necessary. I haven't been taking medicine for my IBS for years, because it didn't help at all. Must be my new healthier eating that has done it! :) I've just been cutting out the pop and drinking more water. Hmmm....
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Bottle brush.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Wow, I need coffee... and not the way that normally goes along with a 'colon cleanse'.

Your entire post is a bad idea. Colon cleanse = pointless. Dr. Oz should be shot for stealing money.

You want to 'cleanse'? Drink water and keep your liver and kidneys working properly. It's why you have them.
    Stay away from Dr. Oz anything.
  • EpicMeyri
    EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
    Options

<3 Finally someone who sees the truth. Don't believe Dr.OZ he says whatever the company pays him to say. If a company wants to sell blue pills. Dr.Oz would say "take the blue pills and you would see extreme weight loss".... Yeah the only thing you would lose is your wallet..
  • apg2302
    apg2302 Posts: 667
    Options
    I've had IBS for 18 years and it's not a problem once you figure out triggers and what diet you can rely on to manage your condition.
    Echoing everyone else's sentiments, leave well alone from anything that involves sticking something up your *kitten*, or making you turn into a high pressure water hose.
  • Bubsys_mom
    Bubsys_mom Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bottle brush.

Ouch O_O

Just duct tape a SOS pad to a stick in that sense....lol