Being "petite"

Options
13»

Replies

• randimarie1125
    randimarie1125 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Glad to know people understand! And ultimately I gonna go until, i feel comfortable and healthy! glad i posted this here, because you guys all understand! The majority of people i know, arent dieting or exercising, so sometimes, its like no one understands at all!!
  • randimarie1125
    Options
    I am 5'3'' and started on MFP a year ago because I felt awful, physically & mentally. I wore a size 10 pushing 12. The weight I recall feeling my very best at was 119 but that was about 17-18 years ago. At 46 I'm no longer a spring chicken & my weightloss has been slow but that is fine asni never intended to ''diet'' but to be healthier. My original goal weight was 120lbs. Still aiming for that and this morning I hit 125 so getting closer.

That said people will ask me why I'm trying to lose weight, tell me I'm going to disappear....... I'm back down to a size 4/6 depending. That is where I feel good. If I don't lose any more weight I am ok with that. If I lose another 5 I will re-evaluate. I don't want to be skinny. I want to be healthy. I have lots of toning to do. Working on strength training now & running. I have found I love running.

I would say strength train for good muscle tone / definition & healthy eating & see where your body feels best.

I also agree that 5lbs on someone who is 5'3'' is much more noticable than on someone 5'7''.

See i wear Juniors clothing, so My ultimate goal is a 3-5, but thats about a 4-6. 5 lbs i agree definitely makes a ton of difference on a small/short person!! And i too want to be healthy, and just be happy, with my body, afterall its the only one i got! And im the only person who can change it, to make myself happy!! : )
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm fractionally taller than you and twice your age. My weight got as high as 245-50 lbs. CW is 188 and I'm aiming for 165 for my first goal then taking a look at 145.I have a medium frame and I have a lot of muscle due to genetics so I'll never weigh in the "healthy" range. But I don't care about that.
    Do what you want regardless of what others say. Just tell them you are toning up you body to prevent future health issues. Good luck lady.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Okay, so let me start this by saying I'm right at or a little under 5'3. Ive always been kind of petite at 120. which was a perfectly healthy weight for my height. Well after having my son, i was weighing in at 144. Obviously thats a shock for me, considering the heaviest i had ever, ever been was 129. Well now that i have set a goal of 120, people keep telling me, im thin enough and that i dont need to lose weight? Is it really so bad, to want the "body" back? Dont get me wrong, i know several people who would die for 140, but 140 is not ideal for my frame. Am i crazy? technically 140 is overweight on a med frame, short height. Whats so wrong with getting healthy? And getting my prebaby body back? Any input from anyone?

Maybe don't talk about the figures with most people. Say "I'm trying to get healthier", "more fit", "pre-baby body", etc. Sometimes people don't realize that these lower numbers aren't unhealthy on certain heights/frames.
  • randimarie1125
    Options
    Okay, so let me start this by saying I'm right at or a little under 5'3. Ive always been kind of petite at 120. which was a perfectly healthy weight for my height. Well after having my son, i was weighing in at 144. Obviously thats a shock for me, considering the heaviest i had ever, ever been was 129. Well now that i have set a goal of 120, people keep telling me, im thin enough and that i dont need to lose weight? Is it really so bad, to want the "body" back? Dont get me wrong, i know several people who would die for 140, but 140 is not ideal for my frame. Am i crazy? technically 140 is overweight on a med frame, short height. Whats so wrong with getting healthy? And getting my prebaby body back? Any input from anyone?

Maybe don't talk about the figures with most people. Say "I'm trying to get healthier", "more fit", "pre-baby body", etc. Sometimes people don't realize that these lower numbers aren't unhealthy on certain heights/frames.

Yes, i think thats what i am going to do from now on, if i get asked, im just going to say losing the rest of this baby weight and getting healthier! You guys are more than right, about the numbers!!
  • sarahgip
    sarahgip Posts: 30
    Options
    im 5'3 and i weighed 117 when I graduated high school 13 years ago. My heavest ive eber been at is 166. and that was recently, which scared the crap out of me. I personally dont want to get down under 135. Thats where Im most comfortable But thats my personel choice even though the internet says my ideal body weight is 124. I think you should do what you want to do. and If you want to be at 120 or 118. you can. and I know you will be. Good luck.