Starbucks Coffee

Options
Did you know that the Starbuck's - Skinny Vanilla Latte (Tall), 12 oz coffee has only 90 calories! Yeay!!!
It's very flavorful. YUM! :)

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    But just think of all the sugar in it.
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    It's my indulgence...ask for it iced and the calories go down!
  • jasonweinberg
    Options
    the "skinny" ones are made with sugar-free syrups. its basically like drinking a cup of skim milk.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    It's a staple for me!:blushing:
  • TheMotherAwesome
    TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    They have a whole line of skinny drinks. They've saved my life. :)
  • tgaul
    tgaul Posts: 123
    Options
    I am a fan of Starbucks nonfat mocha's no whip. :drinker:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Just had one yesterday :bigsmile:

~Leash :heart:
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    They are tasty if you gotta have that sweet jolt of espresso. I personally love the skinny caramel latte. :drinker:

But normally I'm a good girl and get an unsweetened passion fruit iced tea. 0 everything!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I've heard of the passion fruit tea. Is it still as good as people say unsweetened?
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I HATE the taste of fake sugar... so I meet it halfway... I get mine with nonfat and no whip... still only about 300 calories (the cinnamon dulce is less than 300). Still tasty, and still not terribly bad for you. :)
  • saverys_gal
    Options
    I've heard of the passion fruit tea. Is it still as good as people say unsweetened?

I use to get it sweetened...until I saw them pump the sweetener into it! :sick: If I really want a sweet taste, I'll add one splenda, otherwise I love it just as it is. Very refreshing during the dog days of summer!
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    On the very rare occassion I get a (nonfat/no whip) mocha, I also ask them to put half the amount of chocolate syrup in. It's not as sweet, saves some calories and tastes fantastic to me :drinker:
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a tall non fat latte with 1 packet of steevia and cinnamon sprinkle on top. Yum!:heart:
  • mdorisi
    mdorisi Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Yeah actually I went into starbucks and just asked the barista there how to make it as low calorie as possible and he just put one pack of splenda in for me to taste and it was still great so yeah try it! Its great if you liked iced tea drinks! Also the nice thing about starbucks is if you're confused they also have pamphlets with the calories on the bar where the napkins are (well they SHOULD) or you can ask for one. Also if you're unsure then a lot of times they'll make a drink, let you try and if you hate it will make you another one. Just make sure you get a nice barista hahaah. :D
  • emederos
    emederos Posts: 25
    Options
    i forgot what report i heard that stated you could save something like 60% of calories on starbucks drinks just by ordering anything that doesn't have the word "mocha" in it.
  • fightthesunrise
    Options
    I wish my favourite Starbucks drink was low-cal! I love Caramel Macchiatos. And for a venti with non-fat milk it's 240. :sad: I try to just stick with black coffee at home, not to mention it saves the $5.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    They are tasty if you gotta have that sweet jolt of espresso. I personally love the skinny caramel latte. :drinker:

But normally I'm a good girl and get an unsweetened passion fruit iced tea. 0 everything!

You may want to check their site for the nutritional facts on these. My friend got them all the time thinking the same thing and I watched them make it once and they said they still put "simple syrup" in it. I don't think there are a ton of calories or anything, but there may be a few. It's not just tea on ice, unless you ask for it that way. Just thought I'd share.

As for mocha's, that is my drink. Decaf, non fat, no whip mocha, but I've given them up but once a week and I am saving a bunch of money and calories :drinker:
  • DwightJenkins
    DwightJenkins Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one to go to Starbuck's Coffee and order coffee? No latte, no cappuccino, no flavors, no foam, no cream, no sugar... coffee! Lots of caffeine and a cup. :)
  • saverys_gal
    Options

You may want to check their site for the nutritional facts on these. My friend got them all the time thinking the same thing and I watched them make it once and they said they still put "simple syrup" in it. I don't think there are a ton of calories or anything, but there may be a few. It's not just tea on ice, unless you ask for it that way. Just thought I'd share.

As for mocha's, that is my drink. Decaf, non fat, no whip mocha, but I've given them up but once a week and I am saving a bunch of money and calories :drinker:

You're completely right. Thus why I always make sure to ask for an unsweetened plain old TEA! :happy:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Did you know that you can get the sugar free caramel, hazelnut, vanilla and chocolate syrups on the coffee row at wal-mart. You can order more flavors online too. I love flavored coffee.

I know it's not the same as starbucks but you can control what goes into them. The syrups are good in smoothies too. But of course they do use splenda and I know lots of people dont like artificial sweetners. :smile: