Sunday's

Options
I know this is a bit strange but Sunday's are really hard for me to stick to my diet. My husband works 2 full time jobs and Sunday is usually the only day all 4 of us have to spend together. I usually fix a HUGE Sunday Supper. But what makes it harder is the diet I am doing you have to have so many calories a day and that means adding all of your walking and everything in. We LOVE to go to Flea Markets and it is our day for grocery shopping. I have not been able to figure out a way to figure out how much I have walked so most of the time I end up not eating enough. Any suggestions?

Replies

• benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    SUNDAY FUNDAY! I would suggest changing the lifestyle for you family and have them all hop on board with what your doing. Next time surprise them with a healthy meal.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I know this is a bit strange but Sunday's are really hard for me to stick to my diet. My husband works 2 full time jobs and Sunday is usually the only day all 4 of us have to spend together. I usually fix a HUGE Sunday Supper. But what makes it harder is the diet I am doing you have to have so many calories a day and that means adding all of your walking and everything in. We LOVE to go to Flea Markets and it is our day for grocery shopping. I have not been able to figure out a way to figure out how much I have walked so most of the time I end up not eating enough. Any suggestions?
    Ok confused... on Sundays you struggle not to go over your calorie goal, or you struggle to meet it? Because your post kind of implies both.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Get a podometer or a fitbit if you want to measure time walking.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I work hard on my diet and exercise regimen during the week. I cut myself some slack on the weekends. Plan for your Sunday and enjoy it.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Ok confused... on Sundays you struggle not to go over your calorie goal, or you struggle to meet it? Because your post kind of implies both.

I'm also confused.

OP - wear a heart rate monitor if you want to get an accurate calorie burn. As for logging what you're eating, it's just not that hard.
  • onlykk
    onlykk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I usually go UNDER....we do a lot of walking and I just don't always get all my calories in that the walking is burning off
  • onlykk
    onlykk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Also sorry that I forgot to post in last post. My family usually eats a lot of what I eat so that is really not a problem....and if they want something different I always have my protein measured out so it is easy for me to just throw something together in no time. My husband and both of my girls have lost a little weight with my change in lifestyle....the girls do not need to lose any but they love what I cook for myself and usually asked that I cook the same for them.