New here and want to lose weight

Options
Hello everyone, my name is Jessica and I am 30 years old, I have had weight problems all my life but they got really bad when I had my daughter, she is now 11. When I put my mind and work to it I lose weight very very fast but now I don't know what the heck is going on. I bought an elliptical and have it in my house and since I bought it in mid Dec I have only gained weight. I admit, I can get lazy at times but now its different. I look at myself and cant believe the way I look, I am 197lbs and want to go down to at least 155. I also have a few health issues that I think are not letting me lose weight, I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) which is not curable and causes weight gain because of the hormonal imbalance my body has. I had this same weight issue in 2008 and decided to do something about it, I started going to the gym 45 min a day 5 days a week and started taking Alli and I went from 196 to 153 from November to January! I was so happy but since then I have gained all the weight back. I cant live like this anymore because it makes me depressed, I feel horrible about myself and I'm extremely embarrassed, I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit me and I mean that literally, NOTHING in my closet fits me. I started taking Alli again on Thursday and also taking green coffee bean extract and starting tomorrow I will begin exercising in the elliptical, I want to at least lose 20 pounds for the summer..wish me luck guys, I'm glad to have found this site that is full of support. I will keep updating.

Replies

• mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Good luck! you can do this, do it for you, do it for your daughter. I believe PCOS is made worse by extra weight? but I could be wrong with that. There's a ton of support on here. Remember to ask for help when you need it and take it one day at a time.
  • lajessy1006
    Options
    Thanks! and yes pcos gets worse by extra weight unfortunately, three problem is I'm having issues losing weight like I did before because it's getting out of control, hair loss, missed period, acne etc..
    thanks for your support! I know I can do it
    Good luck! you can do this, do it for you, do it for your daughter. I believe PCOS is made worse by extra weight? but I could be wrong with that. There's a ton of support on here. Remember to ask for help when you need it and take it one day at a time.
    [/quote]
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    NeverTooLateForChange Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I do not have PCOS but I am on everyday and will support you as much as I can. Feel free to add me.
  • crosedonahue
    crosedonahue Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm right there at "0 weight loss" with you. I used myfitnesspal about three years ago and lost almost 30 pounds in about 6 months or so and guess what? I gained it all back thanks to life and stress. I'm determined to lose weight after having two major things happen in my life. So, here I am again. I'm DETERMINED to do this. I've eaten healthier and have been to the gym for a week and FEEL SO MUCH BETTER. I didn't lose weight yet, but I remember that last time it took me about 3-4 weeks to start losing, and then it just came off weekly! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I found having more friends on here has helped!
  • CarolsLife66
    CarolsLife66 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I can relate to alot of the things you said for sure. Feel free to add me. I am going to try to be on every day to offer and receive support.
    Carol
  • lajessy1006
    Options
    Thank you so much for your support!
    I do not have PCOS but I am on everyday and will support you as much as I can. Feel free to add me.
  • lajessy1006
    Options
    Thanks
    I'm right there at "0 weight loss" with you. I used myfitnesspal about three years ago and lost almost 30 pounds in about 6 months or so and guess what? I gained it all back thanks to life and stress. I'm determined to lose weight after having two major things happen in my life. So, here I am again. I'm DETERMINED to do this. I've eaten healthier and have been to the gym for a week and FEEL SO MUCH BETTER. I didn't lose weight yet, but I remember that last time it took me about 3-4 weeks to start losing, and then it just came off weekly! YOU CAN DO IT!
    [/quote]
  • lajessy1006
    Options
    Thank you so much!
    Hello,
    I can relate to alot of the things you said for sure. Feel free to add me. I am going to try to be on every day to offer and receive support.
    Carol
    [/quote]
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I do not have PCOS. But I am on here daily. Feel free to add me!
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Time to put your money where your mouth is.
  • ElizabethKG1983
    ElizabethKG1983 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I can relate to so much of what you said! I am also 30 and am a Mom. I lost 50 lbs two years ago but slowly gained it all back. I hate the way I look and feel and I also have a closet full of cute clothes that I can't wear, so I am stuck wearing the same things over and over because I refuse to go shopping for fat clothes. I also hate going anywhere because I am terrified that I will run into people I know and they will see how much weight I have gained. I started working out two months ago but need to really focus on my eating. Feel free to add me too and good luck, you can do this!!!