In 5 weeks you'd weigh....

Options

Replies

• meaningful99
    Options
    I love that message! I consider it one of the most motivating factors of the whole application. When I look at it, first I think, "Guh, that's still so high." But then I think, "That's less than today! Slow and steady wins the race!" It gives me hope.

But now that you've pointed it out, I realize it hasn't been right. But I still love it.
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAI LAUGH AT MINE EVERY DAY! :drinker:
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I AGREE!!!!!!!! It makes me so mad and depressed!!
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ha...i love it! It is encouragement from the MFP crystal ball :laugh:
  • AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Well considering if you ate exactly what you entered, every day for 5 weeks and did the exact exercise. Assuming you didn't lie about your weight, you would way that much lol :)

^ True that!
    I took averages of those numbers for 5 weeks and it was .2 lbs off at the end so it is pretty accurate.
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I kind of like it -
    for example today was a "casual day" for me, because we had sunday supper at work (chili, some good cupcakes, etc)....so I still registered EVERYTHING and I was obviously OVER lol - so when i hit submit just now it says - if you eat this way everyday in 5 weeks you'd be 5lbs HEAVIER then your last weigh in.

Makes you go WOAH nelly! haha.

So I think it's kind of neat in that regard - help you put the brakes on and cut those 'casual days' out for the next few weeks lol.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Well considering if you ate exactly what you entered, every day for 5 weeks and did the exact exercise. Assuming you didn't lie about your weight, you would way that much lol :)

Not true one bit.
  • OliveRiver
    OliveRiver Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Meh, I find it rather encouraging.
  • houlenberg
    houlenberg Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love the 5 week predictions b/c I've NEVER weighed those weights! I get all giggly when I see them! LOL
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Once I completed my diary and it said "In 5 weeks you'll weigh 148.6." Then I remembered that I'd had a bunch more water so I added a few cups of water and, lo and behold, it said "In 5 weeks you'll weigh 138." So that's all it takes, folks-- more water!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I also hate it, I wish it could be shut off!
    Just don't hit the "complete" button. It still saves everything you logged.
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    They do keep me going. I see it and think oh maybe....but nope. Not budging. My medications maybe. Who knows. I am feeling a change in my clothes though, so I'll just keep plugging along...
  • Studiousone75
    Studiousone75 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I take it more or less a reminder that if I keep the calories down and exercise, I'll lose weight. If I binged today, it reminds me that if I continue that way, I'll gain weight. But yes, when one is on a plateau, it does seem a wee bit discouraging, but I continue on anyway since sooner or later I'll get there.
  • disawell
    disawell Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love the 5 week predictions b/c I've NEVER weighed those weights! I get all giggly when I see them! LOL

This - I cannot remember weighing that and being healthy (not sick)
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the few that value it. And I must be an odd duck, somehow over 6 months it's been right on. Not every week, not even every 5 weeks, but set at a pound a week for 6 months... I've lost it. Kinda cool.
  • bakerbecky4733
    bakerbecky4733 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I kind of like it...like someone else said, I can't remember being that low in a long while so it gives me motivation to keep on going!!!
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's annoying and always inaccurate for me. Sometimes I lose more than it says I will and sometimes less.
  • BBetterlifeaheaD
    Options
    Yeah, you usually have to do 2x what they say just to get there.
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the few that value it. And I must be an odd duck, somehow over 6 months it's been right on. Not every week, not even every 5 weeks, but set at a pound a week for 6 months... I've lost it. Kinda cool.

Yep, me too. Found its pretty close.
  • EOHerrera
    EOHerrera Posts: 45
    Options
    I too am one of the ones who like it. It's encouraging to know if I stay the course of keeping my calories in check and my exercise going that I WILL continue to make progress. And when I eat over my calorie intake by what seems "just a little bit", it reminds me that if I keep that up, then I will be right back where I started. So I find it not only motivating, but a good way to keep me in check and reminded of how little each day it took to get me to where I started at on this journey.