Calorie burn counter thingy??

jamsideup
jamsideup Posts: 3
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey all!
I was just wondering if anyone used the heart rate monitors that tell you accurately how many calories you've burned? What's the best (or cheapest) one to get??

Any help here??

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    I'm on a similar quest, I'm trying to find a decent one that's not terribly pricey.... I wanna try it out for certain exercises like 4wheelin and dancing.. I've heard they are good. :)
  • I use a Polar heart rate monitor (recommended to me by an old trainer I used to work with). I bought the one with a wrist watch and the band that goes around your abdominal area (I wanted minimal distraction). It's very good, hasn't failed me yet, I let the heart rate monitor, which is the band, hang out right under my sports bra and it's flush to your skin (it's adjustable) and at times I take the watch off when it's bothering me and sit it down in front of me. I don't remember what it cost as I bought it years ago, but look on amazon, they have it there.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    If you do a search on this site in the forums for HRM's or heart rate monitors I think you would find that just about everyone recommends the Polar brand. They are not cheap by any means but are fairly accurate and last so you get your moneys worth. In fact, I think that someone just posted an ad on here yesterday maybe for an F6 for $60 at Sears...which is like unheard of.

Also, get on amazon.com and look at the reviews for various brands of HRM's. Again, you will find that Polar always gets awesome reviews... I never wanted to spend the money on the Polar either, but then every time I went to buy a cheaper one, I'd read the reviews on amazon and it would deter me. So I finally got one, LOVE IT, and I still think it was worth the $100 I paid for it almost six months ago now.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    I bought my Polar F6 at sears.com on Wednesday & did the in store pick up (withing 60 minutes) so no shipping charge. It also is the one with the chest strap/watch. It is very easy to set up. My total with tax was $58.72! :bigsmile:
  • RushinBruisette
    Well, on my way out of town, I stopped by walmart and bought a $27 cheapy hrm. It will get the job done for me for the time being. I plan on trying it out tomorrow while four wheeling. Have a wonderful weekend all :)
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Have a fun time, Bru! Don't forget your H2O! :drinker:

Kelly
  • jamsideup
    jamsideup Posts: 3
    Thanks everyone!

You guys are all great!!
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    I bought the one below 2 days ago for $35. I was going to get the Polar F6 but found this a much more inexpensive substitute. I can't tell you how well it works as I haven't gotten it yet but it is a $100 watch just on sale. :) I'm just ready to see how many calories I burn!!

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=215096628
  • RushinBruisette
    Have a fun time, Bru! Don't forget your H2O! :drinker:

Kelly
    I will have fun and all I drink is water :) bought a 24 pack just for me. Have a great weekend. See ya on Monday with my weigh in. :) XoxoxoX Bru
This discussion has been closed.