What are the "good for you" foods that you detest?

Options

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Sprouts, cabbage, radishes, zucchini, squash... eggplant, YUCK.
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options

I absolutely LOVE peppers and all veggies . . . when I was a kid I would ask for an apple, carrot, or pepper instead of a chocolate bar . . . YES . . . Im odd and I love it!

This reminds me of one time I was at the supermarket behind this lady with 2 kids and she said they could get a chocolate to snack on in the car and one asked could she go get an apple instead and the lady responded angrily with 'you can just go without then!'. I wanted to slap her!!
  • iwillweighlessoneday
    iwillweighlessoneday Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I really detest: avocados (they're waxy.. yuck!), beets, bleu cheese, and the consistency of jello. I'm eating jello though, but I don't like the texture
  • sweet4keeps22
    sweet4keeps22 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of one time I was at the supermarket behind this lady with 2 kids and she said they could get a chocolate to snack on in the car and one asked could she go get an apple instead and the lady responded angrily with 'you can just go without then!'. I wanted to slap her!!
    :noway: I'm not sure I would have been able to control myself!
  • Naokoheart
    Naokoheart Posts: 161
    Options
    I detest lima beans and Im on/off with aubergines/egg plants,I forgot to add parsnips too. bleh
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I eat and like most things

except

Bitter Melon
    Leeks (unless in a creamy form of soup mixed with other flavours)
    Tinned sardines
  • tristan83
    tristan83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Onions, mushrooms, and tuna. Tuna reminds me of cat food! Gross!
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts. Ew. Ew ew ew. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
  • MzMolly
    Options
    I agree! They are nasty. And bananas, GAG! I think they are Gods joke. He put them here to see who would eat such nasty stuff and laughs everytime someone does!
  • MzMolly
    Options
    I agree! They are nasty. And bananas, GAG! I think they are Gods joke. He put them here to see who would eat such nasty stuff and laughs everytime someone does!
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I have always been the opposite, I would MUCH rather have a nice home made piece of brown bread any day over white, it has much more flavor to it!

I dont' like 'light' or "no fat" dressings!! If I am going to have a salad it HAS to have regular salad dressing on it! I'd rather have a little bit of regular ranch then a lot of light ranch any day!!!

Also anything with aspartame or any other artificial sweetner in it, pudding, yogurt, fudgsicles, jello, juice, pop etc. is NASTY with that crap! I'd just rather not eat it at all!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    I'm not proud of this, but for the most part, I hate fruits and vegetables. I love my baby organic spinach, and I eat it pretty much every day. About the only fruit I get is my glass of wine with dinner. I realize this doesn't count!

That said, I do care about what I put in my mouth. I have some dark chocolate and wine every day, but I've given up all the other junk I used to eat. No cookies, chips, cake, ice cream, etc. I eat whole grains and lean proteins, eggs (mostly whites), and organic milk, and I keep my fat calories between 20 and 25 percent pretty religiously. I take supplements too to try to cover my bases.

I'd never encourage people not to eat their fruits and veggies, but I really do despise them (I think I actually fear them, irrational as that may sound), and I try to make decent choices from the foods I do like.
  • aawh
    aawh Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal! I have tried several times because I love the smell, love oatmeal cookies, granola, granola bars etc, but it just sends shivers down my spine and I gag.

Every kind of fish or seafood except for canned tuna
    Asparagus
    Brussel Sprouts
    Cilantro

Cannot eat celery unless ALL of that stringy stuff is peeled off the outside!

The white membrane things in oranges also make me gag... but orange is my absolute favorite flavor of EVERYTHING!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I can't believe how many people dislike broccoli! It's like... my go-to veggie! When I was little the florets used to tickle my throat and make me gag, but I've gotten past that. :)

I'm don't like cooked fish, but I do like sushi.
    Not a fan of cottage cheese, but it's more the texture than the flavor that bothers me. I also dislike plain yogurt, but like the different flavors (especially with fresh fruit mixed it!). I'm picky about beans... I've only recently started to like kidney beans and black beans.
    I also don't like whole tomatoes, but if they're diced up I'm fine.

Hmmm... That's all I can think about right now. This is an interesting thread! haha
  • banfathi99
    banfathi99 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has said turnips. They are most disgusting things out there. I won't even sit at a table with them on it.
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    I can't believe no one has said turnips. They are most disgusting things out there. I won't even sit at a table with them on it.

and collard greens... yuck!!! Yeah, I'm from the south. I could name some other southern foods but I don't want all of y'all gagging. lol
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

That cracked me up! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Actually I love bananas. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What I can't stand is mushrooms. YUCK!!! And I don't know if hominy is good for you or not. On second thought, anything that smells that nasty can't be good for you. I never could stomach that stuff ever since I was a kid up to and including the present day. NAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I hate it too. Also slick slimy boiled okra I think it is disgusting.
    :ohwell: I hate cottage cheese. Always seemed more like something that came out of a goose to me...
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I hate tomatoes... I really wish I like them. I also hate cauliflower... and even the thought of cauliflower "mashed" potatoes makes me gag.
  • baileyvows
    Options
    FISH