Summer Goals?

Options
Hi everyone, so I am pretty new to this..but I figured Id try something new.
Heres my deal...
Im 20 years old 5'2" and around 140lbs. My whole life I've been petite and never had to worry about my weight until this past year. I have gained around 20 pounds and am having trouble trying to lose it. I am convinced I have a binging problem, that I am aware of but sometimes cant control. I will eat healthy for a week and then ruin it and go on a week of eating horrible. I want to commit and lose it by summer so I don't have to feel self conscious about wearing a bathing suit. I keep telling myself 3 months of clean eating and exercising and Ill be there, but its so hard with 5 roommates, who can pretty much eat whatever they want and still look great.
I just need some more motivation or something because I want this more than anything and I hate the way I look right now and need it to change.

I don't really pay attention to the scale, I just want to be able to look in the mirror and not feel disgusted with myself.

If anyone is in the same boat feel free to add me!

Replies

• xxanishxx
    xxanishxx Posts: 212
    Options
    gonna skip this summer bulk till next maybe a mini cut just started end of last year
    you look fit tho props
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    No summer goals yet but a spring goal of a 5k in April. I've done a few before but strictly walking. I'm hoping to run all of this one!
  • anon189
    anon189 Posts: 42
    Options
    I am also 5'2 but I'm 23. I am the same as you and used to be able to eat basically anything I wanted, whenever. I had my daughter when I was 21 (she'll be 3 in May!) and gained 60 lbs when pregnant, but lost it all SO fast! By February last year I was down to 105. Ever since then the scale has slowly creeped up and I could NOT figure out why! But, I also love my junk food and have a hard time controlling my junk portions. My husband makes it so hard for me because he always wants chips, cookies and ice cream. Except he's 6'2, has a ridiculously high metabolism and runs about 5 miles 3-4 times a week so it's no big deal for him. Boo! So last week I weighed in at 130. I want to lose 20 lbs, but will re evaluate as I lose weight and continue working out. I'm not so worried about the number either, but want to be back in clothes I wore just last year and feel good about wearing a bathing suit! My first goal is to be 115 by June 1, then 110 by July.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the 20lbs. I can't seem to drop it either, and my belly just makes me gag. I could sure use some advice on how to get rid of the belly fat and be able to wear my bikini without looking at a nasty belly.
  • ay73966
    ay73966 Posts: 10
    Options
    Yupp my belly and my thighs. It really boils down to whether or not you have the mindset to lose it. I think Im gonna start this week off and do this 7 day detox i found on pinterest just to give myself a jump start. My spring break is coming up in two weeks, so I will def be cheating that week, but afterwards Im cracking down and eating healthy and working out, no excuses.
    You get what you work for, not what you wish for. Lets live by it and lose some weight, Im tired of being uncomfortable in my own body.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    That would be super tough to eat healthy with 5 roomates, so i dont blame ya! But i suggest getting a gym membership... Lifting heavy was the best decision ive ever made! And you will see better and faster results than you would with just cardio.
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I use to be able to eat what I wanted too. I would like to lose my belly by summer.
  • ay73966
    ay73966 Posts: 10
    Options
    Yeah its extremely hard when there is always so much junk food and sweets tempting me everytime Im in the kitchen, not to mention when they are all eating it in front of me and having to try and say no!
  • haaaleyx
    haaaleyx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Same thing with me, i'm 19 and 133lbs. I played sports my whole life throughout high school so now that I've graduated and don't have time to play sports in college since I have to work I've gained around 20lbs, basically all in my stomach and thighs & there's no way I'm getting in a bikini looking like this. I also am just starting this week & hope to be down to 120-125 by May then 115 by June-July,
  • sbussert
    sbussert Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a cruise in June, that was my motivation to start this time around. But it seem to have taken a better hold, and it will most likely be a life long journey.
  • CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    This sounds exactly like what I've been going through! I've been skinny my entire life and gained 37 pounds since moving to the United States. I've been trying to lose this weight for 6 years, but every diet I started ended in a prolonged binge. Right now is longest I've been able to stay healthy, and this is a result of taking the focus off the weightloss and shifting it to my health. I still want to lose weight, but this is no longer the reason I chose to eat 100% clean. I've made myself believe that cookies, chocolate, and ice cream (my drugs of choice) are pretty much a poison, so not having them does not seem like a sacrifice :)
  • skinnydream3r
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat as you girl!!! I've gained about 20 pounds in the last two years after graduating high school and am having a KILLER time losing it! I'm trying to avoid the scales too cause I feel like when I weigh myself it just makes me even more depressed. I don't care about the number, I just want to like my reflection in the mirror again!
  • mallorie16
    mallorie16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's good to know there's some people out there in my situation! I'm 5'7" and 173lbs which is the heaviest I've ever been. After a few years in college, I think my bad eating (and drinking) has finally caught up with me. I'm comfortable around 150lbs, so I'm trying to lose about 20lbs by summer time. I've used MFP for a long time, but I've never taken advantage of the community aspect of it. Hopefully it gives me the boost I need to stay motivated!