need help!!

Options
hi i am a single parent of 2 young toddlers now i have a treadmill and a vibroplate i am struggle to work out how to log the vibro plate can any1 help also the treadmill is killing me i have around 100lbs to lose and just cant seem to jog without it giving me alot of pain in my chest how do i get over this do i just carry on on work through it or what please i need all the help i can get
thanks xx

Replies

• mstjmack26
    mstjmack26 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Start off slow maybe 3.0-3.5 and build your way up.. Never continue a workout if you have chest pain. Consulting a doctor would be best before you continue with any type of exercise. I am not sure what a vibro plate is but if it is strength training you can log that in under cardiovascular. Good luck on your fitness journey!
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    hi i am a single parent of 2 young toddlers now i have a treadmill and a vibroplate i am struggle to work out how to log the vibro plate can any1 help also the treadmill is killing me i have around 100lbs to lose and just cant seem to jog without it giving me alot of pain in my chest how do i get over this do i just carry on on work through it or what please i need all the help i can get
    thanks xx

"Vibration plate workouts are not aerobic. They are similar to weightlifting without using weights." If you do one of the routines on Utube I'd log it as a light lifting activity. You can create your own exercise but I don't think that will give you calories burned. At this point your concern should be with your chest pain, you may have a medical condition, go see a doctor if it persists.
    As to exercising on the Treadmill; start walking at a slow pace (1-2 mph) don't jog yet, & have your incline set at 1. (0 is like going downhill). Your goal is to achieve a 20 - 30 min session 3-5 times a week. Start off with like 3-10 mins. twice a day if you can. If you have any chest pain you should be seeing a Doctor right away.
    There are several videos on Utube for Vibro Plate exercises, just be careful. Slow n Steady .... :bigsmile:
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I would not start jogging if you have around 100 pounds to lose. I think it would be very hard on your knees. Try walking on an incline instead, also swimming and the elliptical for low impact. You can still adjust the resistance to make more of those exercises harder.
  • sami_joyce84
    Options
    Thank you I know it's not Calorie losing but I just wanted to log it anyway also I have been to doctors and they said no pain no gain she is not very helpful when it Comes to my weight I started today at 5kph which is about 3mph I managed for about 4 mins Before the really harsh pain started I wasn't sure if I Was just being a wimp lol I will try to do a little
    More Each time
    Thank you for replying
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would not start jogging if you have around 100 pounds to lose. I think it would be very hard on your knees. Try walking on an incline instead, also swimming and the elliptical for low impact. You can still adjust the resistance to make more of those exercises harder.

I agree - I'd also be worried about using a vibration plate at your current weight, I would think it'd be hard on knees - & back also. I lost a bunch of weight "just" by walking.